Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $15.74 to $17.74
Why Work for the Y?
The YMCA brings people together from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations to ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Do you have a love for nature and the environment? This is your opportunity to teach what you love to provide an amazing experience for children at the YMCA’s Camp Seymour and area schools!
As the Outdoor Environmental Educator 1, you will provide supervision, leadership, and instruction for participants in the Outdoor and Environmental Education program including programs at Camp Seymour and at schools for after-school programs.
Some additional duties will include:
- Attend and participate in OEE Staff meetings and trainings.
- Monitor the area and ensure a safe, positive, and fun environment. Confidently and tactfully enforce YMCA policies.
- Prepare class lessons, co-teach natural science, group building, and outdoor skills classes to school groups. After co-teaching, advance to solo teaching.
- Participate in or direct educational and recreational activities as needed, including waterfront areas and evening activities.
- Actively work to achieve a quality educational experience for all participants and staff.
- Minimum age of 20 years.
- A working knowledge of Outdoor and Environmental Education principles through education or practical experience, and the ability to instruct participants.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with youth in educational and program activities.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to implement the activity program.
- The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous, and professional manner while working with members, parents, and staff and the ability to understand, articulate, and enforce YMCA policies and procedures in a positive way.
- Ability to complete required training within 90 days, Child Abuse Prevention training within 30.
- Certifications: CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid.
Hours: Part-Time, Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: Part-Time employees are supported with the following benefits and perks:
- Flexible scheduling around school and extracurricular activities
- Optional virtual tele-doc, dental, and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% off YMCA Child Care services
- Free Personal YMCA Membership
- Free YMCA 360 Virtual Wellness Membership
- YMCA Program and Merchandise discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Sick Leave
- Professional education and certification opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our website to upload an application/upload a resume: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=980ae412-fca9-458c-b8cc-9bfaf7c72009&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&jobId=473567