Recruitment Closes: Open until filled Start Date: Negotiable
Location: This is currently a hybrid position for a candidate that resides in the Olympia area.
The Pacific Education Institute (PEI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides professional development to teachers in locally relevant, career connected, outdoor STEM education. The operations coordinator provides a wide variety of support to PEI directors, staff and board of directors. This is a part-time position, with the potential to become a full-time position and reports to the Finance & HR Director. This position is currently a hybrid position but may later become an in-office position. Travel to the Olympia office is required at least once per week during remote work.
Operations & HR Support
- Primary reception and telephone duties when in
- General office duties: filing, scanning, database entry and maintenance (Excel & Salesforce).
- Process incoming and outgoing
- Assist with meeting and event
- Board support: meeting minutes, contact information
- Create and maintain database of software applications and equipment inventory.
- Support HR hiring process – post recruitment notices, support scheduling interviews, monitoring
- Other general office tasks as
- Process monthly credit card
- Verify weekly deposit
- Process grants financial status reports
- Process invoices and bills to prepare for payment – enter check requests and bills to QuickBooks.
- Prepare and mail semi-monthly bill
- Support with creation of content and/or distribution, as needed or as back up on monthly newsletter, videos, and social Update tracking systems as necessary.
- Occasionally review/proofread various communications and/or marketing
- Assist with the recognition of partners and
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office 365, remote technology, and online platforms
- Experience with design programs and Salesforce, a plus
- Experience with data entry and a strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills and initiative to problem solve
- Ability to work independently in addition to collaborating and working in a team environment
- Commitment to and willingness to learn about justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
Wages and Employment Information
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Wages are $19.00 to $21.00 per hour dependent on successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. PEI offers a competitive Employee Benefit Plan and includes paid holidays, vacation/sick leave, health, vision, dental, retirement and life insurance benefits. Benefits are pro-rated based on FTE level.
Please apply by submitting a job application on our website at http://bit.ly/36m5c7T including a cover letter and resume to Gail Kramer, PEI Finance and HR Director, or by mail to 724 Columbia St. NW, Suite 255, Olympia WA 98501. We are committed to creating conditions where all candidates can fully express their talents and potential and invite you to let us know if there are any accommodations that we can provide to support you in your pursuit of this role. Applications can be accepted in person with an appointment.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. PEI thoughtfully reviews every resume submitted but will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
PEI is a leader in promoting scientific literacy and civic engagement by empowering people to make balanced, well-informed decisions for just and sustainable communities. PEI supports educators by specializing in professional learning and FieldSTEM implementation. It is a process that takes students outdoors to integrate language and math skills with an understanding of complex social (cultural, economic, civic) and natural systems to: answer authentic questions through scientific inquiry, design real solutions through engineering, and resolve issues through collaborative decision making. Find more information at https://pacificeducationinstitute.org/.
10/26/2022 Operations Coordinator