Salary: $45,599.00 – $84,118.00 Annually
Location: King County – Renton, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Job Number: 23DOT-NWR-10205
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Division: Northwest Region
Opening Date: 07/18/2023
Closing Date: 8/1/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world’s longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world’s widest tunneling project.
WSDOT I-405//SR 167 Program is currently seeking a Transportation Technician 3 (In-Training) to serve as the Office technician in the Renton Office. This position, as a Office Technician Perform Document Control Functions, Assist the Office Engineer with payment estimate final records and final estimates, Process Change Orders for construction projects. This position is critical in fostering a respectful and healthy work environment with focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Note: This position includes an approved in-training plan; therefore, it may be filled at the Transportation Technician 1, 2 or 3 level. The salaries for these classifications are as follows:
Transportation Technician 1: $45,599 – $61,009 annually depending on qualifications.
Transportation Technician 2: $55,251 – $74,340 annually depending on qualifications.
Transportation Technician 3: $62,597 – $84,118 annually depending on qualifications.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Office Technician will:
- Maintain tracking of all incoming and outgoing correspondence and submittal for the Contract.
- Route all documentation and correspondence to the appropriate staff and reviewers.
- Collect and compile the comments and return these comments to the Design-Builder using the contractor’s web-based electronic system.
- Assist in conducting regular contract compliance audits (reviews) on Design Builders files regarding the review and the distribution of invoices, Design-Builders payments (cost estimates) and design and construction submittals.
- Create pay notes and process payments in Construction Administration and Payment System (CAPS}.
- Check and correct entries made by others in CAPS.
- Validate equipment and wage rates using State L&I online Prevailing Wage Intent & Affidavit (PWIA} System and Equipment Watch for the labor & equipment used in the field for force account work.
- Create and check force account sheets.
- Perform pre-estimate and monthly estimates, Compile and calculate final quantities and final estimate.
- Process and enter information into the Construction Contracts Information System (CCIS).
To be considered for Transportation Technician 1 In-Training (TT1):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
To be considered for Transportation Technician 2 In-Training (TT2):
- An associate degree in civil engineering technology, surveying, drafting or other closely related field.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and two (2) years of experience performing basic technical engineering work as a Transportation Technician 1 or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Highway Maintenance Worker, one of which must be as a Highway Maintenance Worker 2.
To be considered for Transportation Technician 3 (TT3):
- Two (2) years of experience performing semi-skilled technical engineering work as a Transportation Technician 2 or equivalent.
- Certification as an Engineer-in-Training
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering.
In addition to the above (applies to all levels: TT1, TT2, and TT3):
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
- Knowledge of construction practices and contract administration.
- Ability to write, review and interpret contract documents (plans, submittals, specifications, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with multiple audiences clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to accurately file and organize documentation.
- This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
- This position offers flexible/hybrid remote work options.
- The salary listed includes the legislative approved 5% salary premium for positions in King County.
- In addition to base salary, employees may be entitled to other forms of compensation depending on the type, duties, or location of the position. For union-represented positions, more information on other forms of compensation can be found in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements. Information on other compensation types for non-represented positions can be found in Chapter 357-28 of the Washington Administrative Code.
- WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4125369/office-technician-tt3-in-training. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.