Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: 18.50-19.50
REPORTING AUTHORITY: Field Operations Manager
GENERAL: Provide field work for SRSC programs to support implementation and maintenance of native plant revegetation and other habitat restoration projects.
- Assist in implementing native plant revegetation and other habitat restoration projects.
- Perform assigned tasks that involves physical labor such as, but not limited to, site clearance, preparation, planting, carpentry, hauling, lifting, boat operation, use of gas-powered tools and hiking.
- Assist in the collection of biological, chemical and physical habitat samples to support the development and implementation of habitat restoration projects.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment including, but not limited to nets, boats, trailers, vehicles, and other specific field equipment used in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Record, compile and maintain field records and notes including logbooks, data sheets and electronic data collection equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Field Operations Manager
Education: High School Diploma or GED
A.A. or B.S. Degree in a natural resource field is highly preferred.
Any mechanical certifications or courses completed is strongly preferred.
Experience: Experience with native plant revegetation techniques, boat handling and operation of gas-powered equipment is preferred. Small engine repair and maintenance and operation of tractors and implements is desirable. Experience with electrofishing techniques is desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Capable of working independently or part of a team
- Capable of making sound independent judgements in the field as needed.
- Accurate record keeping ability.
- Proficiency in the use of computers desirable
- Ability to carry and/or lift weights of more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in harsh environment under various weather conditions.
- Must be capable of operating sharp tools and power equipment safely.
- Sensitivity to Native American culture, customs and traditions
- Ability to comply with the Drug Free Workplace Act
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and must be insurable.
- Ability to arrive at designated field office punctually.
Application Deadline: ongoing
Send letter of interest and resume or completed SRSC Employment Application form by mail or e-mail to:
SKAGIT RIVER SYSTEM COOPERATIVE
Attn: Matt Etringer
12559 Pulver Road Burlington, WA 98233