The Association of Nature Center Administrators (ANCA) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting best leadership and management practices for nature and environmental learning centers. ANCA seeks a full-time Membership & Programs Coordinator to support, develop, and implement strategies to cultivate the ANCA Membership and Business Partner Programs and to coordinate ANCA’s Programs and Events.
As an Organization, a Staff, and a Board;
- We are an Inclusive, Welcoming, and Supportive Community.
- We value Learning and Sharing.
- We believe that the Collective Wisdom and Diversity of our Peer Network is our greatest resource.
As an organization, we are working towards maintaining best practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DEI) within our membership and the profession. Successful candidates will be equity-minded and committed to our established DEI goals:
- Create a diverse, equitable and inclusive membership by recruiting members from all arenas of the nature center and environmental learning profession as well as by retaining current members.
- Communicate our policies and procedures related to diversity, equity and inclusion to our members and non-members alike.
- Conduct programs and provide services that support and encourage our membership to include DEI policies and strategies in their work in their own communities
- Collect, conduct and share best practices related to our work on DEI to the profession.
- Develop and execute successful strategies for recruitment and retention of members and business partners.
- Coordinate membership and business partner services and benefits.
- Serve as the main contact person for ANCA members and business partners.
- Manage all member and business partner correspondence including recruitment, renewals, and invoicing.
- Monitor the ANCA Discussion Forums and actively engage with members to identify best practices, current challenges, and trends in the field.
- Coordinate the planning of ANCA Events including the Annual Summit, the RELC Summit, and ANCA CONNECTS.
- Manage the ANCA Job Board.
- Organize the Summit Sponsor Program including sponsor recruitment, communications, and maintaining sponsor relationships.
- Coordinate the ANCA Mentor Program.
- Ensure that all data about our members, business partners, and events is accurate and up-to-date, using Little Green Light cloud-based platform.
- Monitor and report on key metrics including membership growth, event registration, and generate reports to inform member and event engagement strategies.
- Represent ANCA at events and conferences, which will include some travel. Must attend the annual Summit (in-person, August or September) and CONNECTS Meetings (virtual).
- Work to ensure we have organized and professional communications with anyone who interacts with us digitally and in-person.
- Ideal candidate will have related education and/or work experience in membership and program management, office work, and/or visitor/customer service, and/or experience with a nature center.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and exercise discretion.
- Ability to collaborate with ANCA staff and board remotely across multiple time zones.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the organization and a favorable image of the organization.
- Ease and experience with technology.
- Knowledge and experience with donor/member management software (Little Green Light preferred), training will be provided.
- Skilled in identifying challenges and brainstorming solutions.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and exercise good judgment and diplomacy without close supervision.
- A sincere interest in the mission of ANCA and its members.
- A commitment to best practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusiveness within our membership and the profession.
$35,750 Annual Salary, 403(b) retirement contribution, health stipend, and paid time off.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (include phone and email) to email@example.com. (It is preferred that attachments are labeled YourName_CoverLetter or YourName_Resume.) We will accept applications until the position is filled.