Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: Based on level of related experience and education
Deadline: May 10, 2023
Weyerhaeuser is the largest private owner of timberlands in North America, with a portfolio of 12.4 million acres that provide unmatched quality, diversity, and scale. Our Western Timberlands business operates nearly 3 million sustainably certified acres across Washington and Oregon.
The Sales and Marketing team is responsible for providing log sales, raw material management, and marketing services to the Western Timberlands and Wood Products operations. The team manages wood flow and allocations to our domestic customers, our international customers through our export facilities, and to Weyerhaeuser’s internal mills in the Pacific Northwest.
This role reports to the Oregon Marketing Manager and is responsible for allocating Western Timberlands Willamette Valley Region’s fee log production in coordination with raw material purchases to ensure optimum value for Western Timberlands, while providing services and products that create value for our customers. This is a full-time, exempt position based out of our Timberlands office in Dallas, OR with flow to work responsibilities across the other areas in the region (e.g. Alsea, Clackamas and Snow Peak).
- Serve as a strong advocate for the safety of yourself and others while role modeling our safety values.
- Responsible for management of domestic log sales accounts for the northern portion of the Willamette Valley region.
- Utilize a comprehensive understanding of the Willamette Valley region’s fee production volumes and product mix to allocate fee production and maximize sales margins for Weyerhaeuser.
- Field review of fee harvest units to develop log sort allocations.
- Contribute to Western Timberlands Operational Excellence (OpX) efforts by focusing on value creation across all aspects of our supply chain.
- Collaborate with Western Timberlands operations in their scheduling process, and by communicating unit cutting, sorting, and delivery instructions.
- Oversee monthly forecasts to ensure customer commitments are met, and provide feedback by running the weekly huddles.
- Work effectively as a member of marketing and operations teams. Contribute to an inclusive and innovative culture.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in related field from an accredited university.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Must be highly motivated, creative and a self-directed team player; possess the ability to proactively work across teams and business units.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills. Solid ability and experience in business negotiations.
- Strong skill set in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint with desire for continued learning.
- Knowledge of how to work with customers to understand what they value, and able to help them find solutions.
- Current driver’s license is required as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year).
- 50% of work time is spent in the field reviewing harvest plans and working with logging operations, with some of that time walking on steep or broken ground.
- May include occasional weekend work or overnight stays.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application and resume here.