Salary: $79,296.00 – $106,644.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Information Technology’s mission is to continually enhance our services to agency divisions, WSDA employees and ultimately the stakeholders of Washington while providing core IT services, network connectivity and software solutions in the most efficient and effective manner possible. We achieve our mission by identifying and resolving business challenges through the deployment of efficient software solutions, a secure and reliable network, and a Centralized Service Desk focusing on always delivering excellent customer service. The IT Service Desk Supervisor works within the IT Program Service Desk group and is responsible for architecting the agency’s endpoints using advanced technical knowledge of computing hardware, Microsoft Active Directory, software and systems to develop agency wide standards and solutions for all business units within the agency. This position is responsible for configuring, monitoring, and upgrading endpoint hardware and software.
Position and Salary Information
WSDA is recruiting for a full-time permanent IT Service Desk Supervisor position within the Administrative Services Division. This position is approved for a flexible/hybrid schedule and will need to report to the WSDA Regional office located in Olympia, Washington. This position is non-represented.
The base pay offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the preferred candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The typical starting salary range for this position is: $ 79,296.00 – $ 104,028.00 annually.
In addition to the salary listed above, incumbents assigned to our Seattle office location receive an additional 5% King County Location Pay stipend. If a position is designated as requiring dual language skills, incumbents will also receive a 5% Dual Language Requirement Pay stipend.
Include, but not limited to:
- Architect and engineer endpoint solutions for agency hardware and software.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure all technology implemented can be fully supported and meet WaTech and agency policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures related to endpoints systems, hardware, and software acquisition, use, support, security, and project management assuring team project delivery.
- Serve as the focal point for all lT service-related communication from the lT Program.
- Act as a project leader and expert for integrating new technologies.
- Perform complex tasks including capacity planning, system configuration, troubleshooting/problem and deploying lasting resolutions.
- Consult with customers to identify opportunities for improvement and maintain feedback loop to capture future needs.
- Responsible for tracking agency lT assets and software lifecycle, budget and projects rolling annual and biennial budget costs.
- Supervise a team of skilled journey-level lT technicians who administers and maintain the agency’s endpoints, laptops, multi-functional network printers, mobile device management, lT asset management, and all installation and maintenance of WSDA’s enterprise applications/software.
- Offers strategic advice for support of the agency endpoint devices, software and systems.
- Tests and evaluates new software and hardware products, documents characteristics and makes recommendations.
- Coordinates with vendors to solve complex problems.
- Creates, reviews, and approves system-level and operating-level documentation and procedures.
- Develops individual and team skills needed to accomplish objectives.
- Uses expert knowledge and experience to identify lT incidents and perform root cause analysis to determine the extent of the issue.
- Creates and distributes incident communication to effected users, keeping agency management and staff updated throughout the incident.
- Develops project charters, project plans, and project schedules.
Who should apply?
Professionals with: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in information Technology program or a closely related field AND five (5) years of progressive professional information technology experience (see note below for acceptable experience).
An Associate’s degree or higher in information Technology program or a closely related field AND Seven (7) years of progressive professional information technology experience (see note below for acceptable experience).
Six (6) years of progressive professional information technology experience AND Three (3) or more years of Microsoft Active Directory experience with progressive responsibility within information technology to include (but not limited to):
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and resolving complex hardware, software, system, and
- Resolving Local Area Network and wireless network connectivity issues utilizing advanced troubleshooting and following OSI model.
- Configuring policies and managing mobile endpoints using advanced knowledge of device hardware, OS, and applications to resolve complex issues.
- Two (2) or more years of project management experience.
- Progressive experience in, and demonstrated ability to, independently and proactively supervise technical staff.
- Knowledge and skills to support and provide assistance to field staff that is geographically dispersed and working remotely.
- Effective oral communication skills, effective presentation skills, ability to conduct effective interviews, applies effective listening skills, ability to resolve issues, effective written material, logical organization, concise and readable.
- Must be able to function as part of a team, build rapport, and provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Skills in group presentations and the ability to present complex information in a way that is understandable to the audience.
Information Technology experience such as:
- Consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment.
- Directing projects.
- Providing customer or technical support in information technology.
- Developing technical documentation.
In addition to the above qualifications, the following desired knowledge, skills, and abilities will make your application more competitive:
- Progressive experience in constructing vendor statements of work for infrastructure service contracts.
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) or more years of experience with PowerShell.
- Two (2) or more years working with Microsoft Exchange.
- Demonstrated ability to apply negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Working knowledge of HTML, SharePoint, Microsoft, and other web development software.
How to apply:
You must complete your careers.wa.gov profile and answer the supplemental questions. In addition to completing the online application, and supplemental questions applicants must attach the following documents to their profile to be considered for this position:
· Current resume detailing experience and education
· A cover letter describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position
· Three professional references
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4182600/it-service-desk-supervisor