Salary: $76,248.00 – $102,540.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Department: Dept. of Natural Resources
Job Number: 2023-4-6701-04887
Closing: 4/29/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has an exciting opportunity within our IT Division.
Do you want to have a part in helping to manage, sustain, and protect the health and productivity of Washington’s lands and waters to meet the needs of present and future generations? If so, join the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) IT Division as a Network Engineer. We’re seeking an excellent communicator with strong customer service skills to join us in supporting our vibrant and diverse agency in its mission, to work as part of a cohesive team, and to uphold a professional and positive demeanor while working under tight deadlines as priorities shift.
This position serves as an agency technical resource for enterprise network management and plays a key role in guiding the direction and development of DNR’s local and wide area networks. This position supports the effort to plan, coordinate, and implement the many projects currently underway or on the horizon. This position consults with internal customers and projects for networking needs, and assesses new technologies and methods with other teams in ITD and the agency. This position is responsible for helping to create and shape the overall agency networking strategic direction.
Please Note: This position has the flexibility to work remotely part-time, however the duty station is in Olympia, Washington and the successful candidate must agree to travel to the office for key scheduled meetings or as operational needs dictate. Details of teleworking considerations will be addressed during the interview process
• Support and maintain local and wide area network environments.
• Support and management of NGFW environment.
• Support and management of WLAN environment.
- B.S. in computer science or related field plus 2 (two) years of relevant experience
OR a combination of education and/or experience equivalent to 6 (six) years.
- Experience working with a medium or large sized organization in the areas of network and communications infrastructure and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience creating detailed technical documentation and procedures.
- DNR Core Competencies:
- Personal Accountability
- Value Others
- Compassionate Communication
- Inspire Others
- Commitment to Excellence
Special Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
- 40 hour work week. Occasionally the employee may work additional hours or adjust their schedule to respond to an incident or work on a project.
- A valid driver’s license and have two years of driving experience. This position requires driving as an essential function. Finalists and/or interview candidates will be asked to provide a driving record from all states in which they have held a license during the past three years.
- Employees of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are required to complete their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines (be fully vaccinated against COVID-19) or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation as a condition of employment. Please note, any offer of employment is contingent and no start date will be approved until you have either verified your vaccine status or have an approved accommodation. “Fully vaccinated” means the following: An employee is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Novavax) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen) authorized for emergency use, licensed, or otherwise approved by the FDA or listed for emergency use, or otherwise approved by the World Health Organization.
- Familiarity with commonly accepted IT industry standards and best practices
- CCNA, CCNP, CCENT/CCT, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications
- Cisco, HPE, Aruba, Palo Alto, Solarwinds Orion APM, NPM, NCM, NTA, IPAM, Netflow services.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov. You must complete the entire online application to be considered for the position.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Important: Do not attach any documents that include photos or private information (social security number, year of birth, etc.).
- Complete all supplemental questions.
Once you submit your online application, you can check your status by logging into your account. If you experience technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email CareersHelp@des.wa.gov.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3988919/it-network-and-telecommunications-journey