Salary: $92,688.00 – $124,644.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Job Number: 2023-07713
Department: Dept. of Agriculture
Division: Administrative Services
Opening Date: 06/14/2023
Closing Date: Continuous
The Information Technology Program mission is to continually enhance our services to agency divisions, WSDA employees and ultimately the stakeholders of Washington while providing core IT services, network connectivity and software solutions in the most efficient and effective manner possible. We achieve our mission by identifying and resolving business challenges through the deployment of efficient software solutions, a secure and reliable network, and a Centralized Service Desk focusing on always delivering excellent customer service.
The IT Architecture Senior/Specialist Supervisor works within the IT Program’s Infrastructure and Systems Management group and is responsible for the administration, management, and maintenance of the agency’s computer network, server, and enterprise system solutions for all business units within the agency. This position is directly responsible for installing, upgrading, and maintaining enterprise systems, network connectivity, and server computing resources.
In addition, this position oversees the enterprise systems administration including but not limited to architecting and administering patching and imaging endpoints and servers, Azure and on prem Active Directory including group policy, exchange and messaging, and network topology and routing. The Infrastructure Supervisor also performs capacity planning to meet agency needs, often coordinating and negotiating with several internal and external stakeholders determining shared resources and cost allocations.
If you have a collaborative mindset, willingness to work in a diverse atmosphere, and excellent communication skills then this position is the perfect fit for you!
Position and Salary Information
WSDA is recruiting for a full-time permanent IT Architecture Senior/Specialist Supervisor position within the Administrative Services Division. This position is located in Olympia, Washington. This is a non-represented position.
The base pay offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the preferred candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The typical starting salary range for this position is: $ 92,688.00 – $ 121,620.00 annually.
Some of what you’ll do, include:
- Architect and engineer network solutions for enterprise applications, including cloud infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance on security design reviews to ensure all technology implemented can be fully supported and meets OCIO and agency policies and guidelines.
- Develop an IT architecture that is scalable and accommodates current and future needs, working with WaTech and other state agencies to implement cost effective and sustainable solutions.
Network and Systems Administration
- Provide technical direction and support for the enterprise data networks and virtual server infrastructure.
- Performs highly complex tasks including capacity planning, system administration, application deployments and troubleshooting/problem and resolutions in support of the agency’s enterprise IT systems.
- Directly responsible for the research, selection, configuration, installation, maintenance, support and administration of all network hardware and software and supporting applications.
- Assists with tracking ISM equipment and software lifecycle, budget and projects rolling annual and biennial budgetary costs.
- Installs server hardware and operating systems, including multiple-server environments in all nine remote locations.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the server and network infrastructure, including logical and physical diagrams for the purpose of troubleshooting, capacity planning, and disaster recovery.
Technical Leadership of the Infrastructure Group
- Provide direction and oversight on all technical activities associated with the infrastructure group to ensure projects and daily tasks are completed timely.
- Ensure technical and staffing capacity to support the network and infrastructure program, as well as agency initiatives.
- Supervise teams of highly skilled IT System Administrators and Network Engineers in support of the enterprise applications.
- Responsible for selecting, administering, developing and/or utilizing tools and utilities in support of assigned systems.
- Recruit and hire diverse skilled IT professionals to achieve WSDA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Share responsibility with Infrastructure staff for integrity and performance of systems and timely problem detection, resolution, prevention to minimize impacts to clients.
- Act as project manager and/or technical lead.
- Develop project charters, project plans, and project schedules.
- Manage projects through the Initiation, planning, executing, controlling, and closing phases. This includes:
- Risk management
- Change management
- Resource scheduling
- Monitoring costs and schedule
- Project closeout
Who should apply?
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science.
Seven (7) years of IT work experience including three (3) years as a Journey System Administration, Network and Telecommunications or equivalent, with progressive responsibility within information technology to include (but not limited to):
- Configuring and administering mission critical high impact virtual server environment.
- Performance monitoring and storage tuning.
- Administering Microsoft Active Directory.
- Network configuration and maintenance.
- Managing/maintaining enterprise systems including use of Systems Center (such as SCCM, SCOM, Orchestrator, VMM or Scorch).
- Progressive experience in, and demonstrated ability to, independently and proactively supervise technical staff.
- Knowledge and skills to support and provide assistance to field staff that is geographically dispersed and working remotely.
- Two (2) years of Project Management experience.
- Effective oral communication skills, effective presentation skills, ability to conduct effective interviews, applies effective listening skills, ability to resolve issues, effective written material, logical organization, concise and readable.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve complicated network and system issues.
- Must be able to function as part of a team, build rapport, and provide excellent customer service.
In addition to the above qualifications, the following desired knowledge, skills, and abilities would make your application more competitive:
- Three (3) or more years’ experience with Ivanti and/or LANDesk.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with the configuration and management of cloud solutions such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with configuration, implementation, and management of Microsoft Office 365.
- Systems Certifications – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), LANDesk Certified Engineer, ITIL Certification and Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V).
How to apply
You must complete your careers.wa.gov profile and answer the supplemental questions. In addition to completing the online application, and supplemental questions applicants must attach the following documents to their profile to be considered for this position:
· Current resume detailing experience and education
· A cover letter describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position
· Three professional references
By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4078112/it-architecture-senior-specialist-supervisor