Salary: $47,688.00 – $64,092.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Remote Optional
Job Number: 23DOT-HQ-00768e
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Opening Date: 07/24/2023
Closing Date: 7/31/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world’s longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world’s widest tunneling project.
WSDOT’s Office of Human Resources and Safety (OHR&S) is currently seeking a skilled Human Resource Consultant 1 (HRC1) to join their dynamic and fast-paced HQ Operations team. The HRC1 functions as a generalist consultant responsible for ensuring employment and benefits actions are processed timely and accurately for WSDOT employees. This position serves as a consultant for assigned regions, providing research and guidance on issues requiring a range of possible solutions, ensuring compliance with rules, laws, collective bargaining agreements, and agency policy. OHR&S contributes to the mission of the Agency by serving as a knowledgeable, approachable, and customer-focused resource for employees and management. This position promotes a positive, growth-oriented learning environment as a member of the HR Operations team.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Human Resource Consultant 1 will:
- Interpret and apply human resource rules, policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements (CBA’s) to ensure appropriate personnel actions.
- Review employment actions for completeness and accuracy; prepare and process personnel actions (separations, hires, appointment changes, etc.) and position actions (establishments, reallocations, data updates, etc.) in Electronic Content Management system and HRMS.
- Work with Payroll for resolution of payroll errors.
- Coordinate with peers to ensure processing deadlines are met.
- Enter and retrieve data from HRIS systems, including the Human Resource Management System (HRMS/SAP), Electronic Content Management System (ILINX/ECM), Pay1 and other computerized recordkeeping systems.
- Provide training to new HR staff on technical issues, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Exercise sound judgement for correct salary placement, periodic increment, and adjustment of service dates.
- Analyze reports for accurate and timely data entry into HRMS database related to multiple complex CBA’s, WAC’s, RCW’s, and specific system procedures.
To be considered for this opportunity, oneof the following is required:
- Two (2) years of office experience, including one (1) year of experience in a human resources/payroll office or applying knowledge of CBA’s and WAC’s.
- AA degree and one (1) year of experience in a human resources/payroll office or applying knowledge of CBA’s and WAC’s. (or equivalent education and experience).
- Bachelors’ degree in business, human resources, social or organizational behavioral sciences, or related field.
In addition to one of the above, the following is also required:
- Demonstrated experience using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Ability to analyze data to ensure documents and data are entered correctly into ILINX ECM, HRMS/SAP and SharePoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional HR office and complete work accurately, meeting tight deadlines, with frequent interruptions.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Experience using an HRIS system for personnel/payroll processing.
- Experience applying knowledge of employment law, rules, policies, procedures, and CBA’s.
- PHR Certification.
- Ability to accurately perform work in computer systems that use DOS.
- Ability to analyze data from the Mainframe DOS system.
- This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
- This position offers remote work options and is eligible for remote work up to 100%, per supervisor approval.
- The official duty station for this position will be determined based on candidate preference and overall business needs.
- In addition to base salary, employees may be entitled to other forms of compensation depending on the type, duties, or location of the position. For union-represented positions, more information on other forms of compensation can be found in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements. Information on other compensation types for non-represented positions can be found in Chapter 357-28 of the Washington Administrative Code.
- WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4134695/human-resource-consultant-1-operations. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required to apply to this opportunity.