Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $16.50 – $19.00 (Based on experience)
Status: (Full Time – Permanent) dependent upon completion of a 90-day probationary period. Mandatory seasonal overtime.
Transportation: Provide own transportation to work sites, Hillsboro facility or other planned locations
Summary: Execute habitat restoration treatments while maintaining measurable safety, quality, and output requirements
· Ability to learn new tasks, skills and systems
· Ability to work and communicate professionally with teammates, clients and the public
· Ability to work outdoors across uneven terrain during inclement weather for eight to ten hours of productive manual labor
· Ability to safely lift 60 lbs.
· Valid driver’s license
· Perform site preparation tasks using a variety of power equipment, hand tools and herbicide application techniques.
· Install trees and shrubs as bare-roots, cuttings, poles, containers, plugs, and bulbs.
· Controlling noxious weeds through careful, precise application of herbicides using backpack sprayers
· Assisting healthy growth of native tree and shrub plants by restoration techniques using hand-tools, power tools, and other equipment.
· Operate and maintain company vehicles, trailers, power equipment and all other tools.
· Other duties as requested by manager and coaches
Job Expectations (Required)
Team Membership Requirements: Ash Creek Forest Management is a team environment. It is the responsibility of each team member to adhere to these requirements.
· Treat your team member’s, field support staff, clients, and others with respect
· Role model positive communication and behavior while in the field, meetings, or when dealing with others
· Take initiative to make things better for your team
· Maintain the self-confidence and self-esteem of others
· Focus on the situation, issue, or behavior, not on the person
· Lead by example
· Adhere to all documented safety policies and protocols
· Practice safe operation with all equipment and vehicles
· Inspect and maintain all required equipment and submit documented forms on time
· Always maintain a safety 1st mindset
· Utilize quality control methods for all treatments and document results
· Communicate quality control methods and results to project managers and field operations manager
· Maintain a level of quality designated by clients and project managers
· Fix quality issues immediately upon finding them
· Must reach documented output goals that are set on a per project basis
· Maintain a minimum of 40 billable hours per week
· Be available for mandatory overtime
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Please submit 3 professional references with your application
- Landscape maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Submit a resume (& 3 professional references) to email@example.com