Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $38,000/ year
Integrated Resource Management (IRM) is a full service environmental consulting firm based in Philomath, Oregon. IRM assists progressive landowners and agencies with a full range of forestry management services including forest inventory, timber cruising, timber sale layout. In addition, IRM provides full scale habitat restoration services including: invasive species control, revegetation services, plant surveys and GPS mapping, management plan writing, restoration thinning and log placement projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. IRM manages habitats for a wide variety of resource benefits – not just timber commodities. Visit www.irmforestry.com to learn more about IRM.
IRM is currently recruiting a full time, Habitat Restoration Project Manager/Technician, to take a lead role in completing projects for our growing company. This position will be based out of our Albany field office in Western Oregon. This position will be responsible primarily for completing habitat restoration and invasive species management projects, but may also include small to large-scale forest inventory projects, timber cruising and timber sale layout. The work environment will likely involve 90% field work involving restoration field recon and planning, layout, herbicide application, other manual labor, GPS mapping and field crew supervision and 10% in the office doing logistics planning and invoicing. This is an ideal position for a highly motivated individual interested in stepping into a position with major responsibilities and challenges in a small, but highly reputable environmental consulting firm.
The successful candidate will exhibit a wide range of skills necessary to operate in the highly competitive consulting forestry world. This person should have a working knowledge of restoration ecology, excellent oral and written skills and proficiencies with the full range of forest technology including software used to complete projects. Other experience desired includes forest inventory and cruising systems used in the PNW, and a working understanding of the range of silvicultural systems used in the PNW, both industrial and alternative.
- Must have a minimum of two years of secondary education in forest management, restoration ecology or related field with demonstrated coursework in botany and ecology.
- Must have a working understanding of the use of PC’s including the following programs: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS IE.
- Experience with GPS mapping.
- Excellent plant identification skills.
- Ability to supervise crews doing field work in a variety of weather and topographic conditions.
- Open minded and enthusiastic about taking on new challenges, tasks, and projects.
- Self-motivated, high level of work ethic and able to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Track project budgets and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be a licensed driver with a clean driving record.
- $38,000 per year
- Daily Travel Stipend
- Health Benefits – including dental and vision
- Vacation – 5 days per year
- Retirement – 401k with Employer match and annual profit sharing up to 10% of salary
- Holiday – 6 federal holidays per year
This position is a full-time seasonal position with the possibility to become a permanent full-time position with benefits.
Email a Resume, transcript, cover letter and three letters of reference to: Kathy Dunn