For more information, please follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3653696/gis-help-desk-lead-it-customer-support-journey?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Salary– $65,988.00 – $88,788.00 Annually
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the GIS Help Desk Lead will:
- Work with business areas to integrate geospatial technologies into workflows; perform customer outreach regarding version updates, common technical or data use issues, and educational opportunities
- Provide tier 2 GIS helpdesk support including resolving help requests from GIS users, GIS application support, troubleshooting, and software testing and evaluation.
- Identify and document software bugs. Independently research and implement solutions and workarounds.
- Coordinate with higher level specialists or software vendors to identify new workarounds or solutions.
- Produce custom geospatial data analysis, maps, datasets and reports for the agency.
- Create or configure and steward cloud / web hosted geospatial services and products such as interactive map applications, ArcGlS Online content, ArcGlS Server-based map and feature services and pdf map products.
- Actively participate on enterprise-level GIS technology migration or data system modernization project teams. Team contributions may include cartographic support, developing and delivering communications and educational materials for end users about technical changes, web service configuration, and testing and assessment of new solutions.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Natural Science or a related field. Note: Four (4) years of progressively responsible, professional level relevant work experience may substitute for an academic degree.
- Four (4) years recent experience using and assisting others’ use of Esri ArcGlS tools and technologies
- Nine (9) semester hours of GIS coursework
- Technical writing and presentation skills
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Experience with relational database systems
- Experience with ArcGlS Enterprise
- Working knowledge of cloud-based technologies
- Working knowledge of WSDOT’s Linear Referencing System (LRS)
- This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
- This position offers flexible/hybrid remote work options.
- Travel to off-site locations such as the WSDOT Headquarters building, Region Offices or a conference location is required.
- By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Compliance with this mandate is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
- WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov