For more information, please follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3503385/gis-developer-it-app-dev-journey?department=Office%20of%20Superintendent%20of%20Public%20Instruction&department=Professional%20Educator%20Standards%20Board&department=State%20of%20Washington%20Charter%20School%20Commission&department=State%20Board%20of%20Education&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&sort=ClosingDate%7CDescending&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Salary- $73,848.00 – $96,888.00 Annually
Design, develop, code, implement, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, update, and document geospatial applications and services independently and in coordination with other Agency staff.
- Designs, edits, revises, updates, and maintains SQL Server geospatial databases to support agency applications.
- Creates, tests, revises, and updates map, feature, and geoprocessing web services consumed through agency web applications for mapping, analysis, and visualization of geospatial data.
- Maintains agency cloud-based mapping and analysis environment by coding, documenting, and upgrading functionality and content of web mapping applications, web maps, and services for agency, customer, and public use.
- Optimizes Agency-level cloud-based and hosted geospatial portals to ensure interagency data exchange, security, and availability
Serve as OSPI’s technical expert and management advisor for geospatial database environments.
- Monitors and maintains department GIS database servers and software for optimum performance and accessibility by customer agencies: Washington State’s 295 school districts, 9 Educational Service Districts, 5 Regional Transportation Coordinators, several State and numerous local agencies.
- Plans, organizes, and implements geospatial database software upgrades.
- Designs and implements data architectures, such as data schema changes, policies, standards, and automation routines to support agency business functions.
- Automates geospatial analysis, data management tasks, and extract, transform, load (ETL) routines using Python or similar technology.
- Defines and implements processes for data compliance with Office of the Chief of Information Officer (OCIO) policies and standards.
- Advises management on the selection and purchase of GIS software, supporting cloud and onsite infrastructure, and administrative tools.
- Creates, edits, and maintains agency geospatial data and metadata.
Develop, implement, and integrate enterprise geospatial business functions and processes. Facilitate Agency and customer use of geospatial applications, services, and analysis.
- Diagnoses and resolves ArcGIS Server map, feature, print, and geoprocessing service issues for Agency web applications.
- Troubleshoots STARS application access issues including user permissions, software settings, and browser compatibility.
- Diagnoses and resolves bus route data upload issues for data provided by Washington State’s 295 school districts to the STARS system.
- Performs quarterly Quality Assurance and Quality Control reviews and approves bus route data provided by school districts to the STARS system.
- Develops and maintains training manuals.
- Delivers training to new and existing application users.
- Responds to and troubleshoots OSPI Customer Support requests for GIS-related STARS and ICOS application issues or problems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Four (4) years of information technology experience may be substituted for a degree, in which case those four (4) years may NOT be considered to meet any additional years of experience below.
- Five (5) years of experience utilizing a combination of server, portal, enterprise spatial database, and/or desktop GIS software for developing, creating, implementing, and maintaining geospatial applications, services, and data.
- Graduate certificate or degree in Geospatial Technologies or related discipline.
- Experience developing and implementing policies, standards, procedures and best practices.
- Ten (10) years of Information Technology experience specifically developing geospatial applications, managing geospatial data, performing geospatial and statistical analysis of large datasets, and creating professional-quality cartographic products.