Salary: $68,808.72 – $83,836.80 Annually
Location: Mason County, WA
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300009
Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Opening Date: 05/17/2023
Closing Date: 6/16/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
This position provides support for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Mason County Geographic Information System (GIS). This position requires knowledge, understanding, and experience applying GIS technology solutions to local government enterprise GIS.
Examples of Duties
- Performs technical work designing, developing, and implementing GIS applications in an enterprise GIS environment.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of existing GIS databases and applications.
- Develops GIS procedures and solves spatial problems through techniques of GIS analysis.
- Prepares cartographic products as needed by Mason County, other agencies and the public and performs related work as required.
- Performs data creation, data development and conversion from various sources of information, data editing, and quality assurance/quality control.
- Works with GIS users to define functional requirements for GIS applications, and supports the GIS user base by monitoring user feedback, identifying technical problems and solutions, and maintaining software applications.
- Prepares FGDC metadata documentation, and preserves accuracy standards.
- Scheduled visits to observe field data collection for the purpose of improving and sustaining effective interaction between the GIS Department and field survey crews.
- Reading and interpreting legal descriptions, engineering drawings, survey notes, and tract descriptions.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Shows initiative in performing job functions.
- Performs related work as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Geography/Cartography/GIS, Civil Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Four (4) years minimum experience with the development and implementation of GIS technology, including: One (1) year of program or project management experience, experience training non-GIS personnel in GIS applications, and experience in application programming and development using VBA, XML, JSP, SQL and HTML.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Maintenance of current skills and additional training as needed.
- The principles and techniques of applying GIS technology solutions to local government.
- FGDC Metadata content and accuracy standards.
- Oracle, SQL and/or Access.
- Using the ESRI suite of products and AutoCAD.
- Technical writing.
- Structure and design databases.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Communicate courteously and effectively, both orally and in writing.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/masoncountywa/jobs/4046107/gis-analyst-sr