Job Type: Temporary
Salary Details: 18.71
JOB NUMBER 2023-01316
DEPARTMENT 040-Game & Fish
OPENING DATE 06/26/2023
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department seek to fill two (2) Fish Culture Technician positions in Wyoming. One position will be located at the Tillett Rearing Station for a 3-month period, and the other will be located at the Story Hatchery for one month or more. These positions will assist with fish culture duties, facility maintenance, and groundskeeping at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s fish hatcheries. Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to, fish rearing unit cleaning, fish feeding, fish spawning, fish distribution, and a variety of other fish culture activities.
- These positions will also assist with maintaining the grounds, equipment, and buildings.
Preference will be given to candidates holding or pursuing a career or degree in fisheries, wildlife, or resource management. Preference will be given to those with a high school diploma and one year of experience in fishery and wildlife management or college coursework towards a degree in fishery and wildlife management, biology, or ichthyology. Preference will be given to those who attach a resume with their online state application.
Cover letters are not required, but may be sent to Travis Trimble, Assistant Fish Culture Supervisor, 3030 Energy Lane, Suite 100, Casper, WY 82604 (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) Cover letters should include career plans, education, and applicable class work to the position, experience, and dates available for employment.
**Agency requires that the successful applicant possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of grounds keeping including (mowing & trimming), building maintenance (painting), small tool use,
- Knowledge of general fish culture (cleaning tanks and feeding)
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- These positions require working in various environmental conditions, using a variety of tools, and equipment, and some heavy lifting may be required
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check before appointment.
- Hatcheries and rearing stations include Tillett Rearing Station and Story Fish Hatchery.
- Position start and end dates will be as follows. Tillett will run from September 1st to November 30th, and Story will run from October 1st, 2023 to November 8th, 2023.
- Housing is provided at no charge to the employee.
- No previous fish culture experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an application via the link below to be considered: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wyoming/jobs/4094788/attp99-2023-01316-fish-culture-technicians-statewide?keywords=01316&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs