- Accepting applications
Open & closing dates
06/03/2021 to 06/09/2021
Pay scale & grade
GS 11 – 12
$64,649 to $115,039 per year
- Apply Here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603260300#
This position is a Fish and Wildlife Biologist, GS- 0401-11/12,
Salary: The salary for each location may vary depending on locality. Locality tables may be found here
As a Fish and Wildlife Biologist your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate activities pursuant to sections, 4, 6, 7, and 10 of the Endangered Species Act.
- Act as technical advisor to other Field Office staff on the habitat needs of rare, candidate, proposed, and federally listed species. Independently conduct consultations pursuant to Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended, with other Federal agencies and designated non-Federal representatives for development, transportation, infrastructure, water conveyance, recreation, restoration and flood control projects.
- Plan and conduct status assessments for listed, proposed and candidate species, in cooperation with other Federal, state, and local agency personnel, private organization representatives, contractors, and other partners.
- Facilitate implantation of conservation actions authorized through Biological Opinions and other regulatory documents; Coordinate budgets, contracts, grants, and agreements for conservation actions.
- Deliver presentations on the Service’s policies and positions to other agencies and the public.
- Draft Biological Opinions, concurrence letters, and technical assistance correspondence for signature of the Field Office Supervisor or Regional Director and prepare responses to Regional, Washington Office, and Congressional inquiries.
- Coordinate and facilitate efforts on a state-wide basis to consolidate private, State, Federal and Service programs and projects into a coordinated and comprehensive program that maximizes habitat preservation, restoration, and enhancement benefits for Trust resources, including wetlands and habitats for candidate, threatened, and endangered species.
For further information on locations please see: MR-21-11131324-TC-SDHA Additional Location Information
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.