Salary: $77,446.00 – $87,552.00 Annually
All newly hired employees will be expected to report to the Olympia office on their first day of employment for onboarding. At this time, Puget Sound Partnership (Partnership) is requiring masks regardless of vaccination status and social distancing based on CDC recommendations for any work taking place in-person with others.
As the Puget Sound Partnership’s Fiscal Program and Contracts Coordinator, you will lead program fiscal and contracts activities for several of the agency’s largest programs and provide expert level consultation and assistance with questions and complex fiscal matters to ensure funds are used in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
You are skilled at supporting programs with budget, accounting, contract management, and grant management duties. You have an extensive history of providing excellent customer service and are known in the workplace for your resilient and professional demeanor under pressure. You also can adapt to business needs and approaches, engage in productive problem-solving conversations, and have excellent communication skills. As the Fiscal Program and Contracts Coordinator, you are no stranger to various technology, software and internet-based reporting and data portals. If you enjoy exercising general accounting processes and principles, seek ways to improve processes, and value accountability greatly, you’ll thrive in this position. The abilities to value others and their diverse experiences and contributions, promote brave spaces for learning, and strive for equity are essential.
Some of the duties include:
- Lead budget development for assigned programs with routine interaction with division directors and program managers
- Participate as part of the fiscal team in the development of the agency-wide biennial and supplemental operating and capital budget requests, including developing maintenance level packages for the agency
- Prepare and review allotment plans for assigned programs
- Lead assigned programs with the budget process and allotments
- Track expenditures, forecasts future spending, and provide day-to-day analysis of the spending plans for assigned programs
- Prepare routine monthly budget reports and analysis
- Ensure expenditures stay within program control numbers by fund
- Coordinate with staff to make changes to employee and position accounting coding
- Maintain encumbrances and accruals for assigned programs
- Oversee invoicing, accounting, reporting and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant processes
- Coordinate with assigned programs on each state fiscal year close
- Provide consultation to programs related to contracting and procurement needs and options
- Help programs develop statement(s) of work
- Manage daily contract activities for assigned contracts, through coordination with fiscal and program staff
- Review budgets for interagency agreements and contracts (direct and indirect)
- Assist programs with tracking deliverables, expenditures and performance compared to work plans and deliverables
- Manage invoices and payments to ensure appropriate and accurate charges
- Prepare initial allotments, encumbrances and accruals for contracts and agreements
- Act as a liaison between the agency and vendors
- Prepare allotments for assigned interagency agreements and contracts
- Maintain spending plans and prepare allotment adjustments
- Document business processes and best practices for assigned programs and other agency-wide matters
- Collaborate in the development of business plans and strategic plans for assigned program
Success in this position requires that a person be a team player, defined as possessing initiative and a driving passion for the work, having humility and practicing curiosity in interactions with others, and valuing the whole human in each of us.
Required Experience, Competencies and Technical Skills (experience may be concurrent):
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in budgeting or accounting role, or capacity
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in contract or grant management role or capacity that required performing budget and accounting duties
- Skilled at supporting programs with budget, accounting, contract management, grant management duties including spending plans and allotments, adjustments and JVs, encumbrances and accruals, expenditures and revenue projections, preparing and executing contracts/agreements, and monitoring contract spending and performance. Specific experience includes:
- Experience tracking, reporting and projecting program and agency budget allotments and expenditures
- Experience interpreting and applying State and Federal fiscal policies
- Knowledge of state and federal budget processes
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of the State Accounting and Administrative Manual (SAAM)
- Experience gaining support of others through persuasiveness, credibility, and expertise
- History of excellent customer service, being friendly and helpful every time
- Positive and can-do attitude – and be resilient and professional under pressure
- Demonstrate a history of being able to take on difficult tasks, lead projects, engage customers, build consensus, and deliver sustainable solutions
- Ability to adapt to business needs and adapt approaches, goals and methods to achieve success in a dynamic environment
- Resourceful, ability to solve problems and willingness to use problem solving methods such as the 9-Step Problem Solving Method
- Possesses Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to present complex issues in a logical, concise and understandable manner
- Able to identify trends, potential problems, and be able to drill down and find the problem.
- Demonstrate a history of being able to get tasks done on time and accurately.
- Skilled in running Enterprise Reporting and Web Intelligence reports for financial reviews
- Understands chart of accounts and its application
- Understands general accounting processes and principles
- Working experience and ability to use The Allotment System
- Experience and ability to use the Salary Projection System.
- Three (3) years of proven working experience and ability to use MS Excel and database tools to create templates and create and maintain complex spreadsheets
- Possesses general working skills of Word
- Possesses good working skills of Outlook
- Commitment to advancing justice, diversity, equity and inclusion efforts