Salary: $3,246.00 – $4,324.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Department: Parks and Recreation Commission
Job Number: 2023-01310
Closing: 4/17/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission manages one of the largest, most diverse–and most beautiful—parks systems in the country. With more than 120,000 acres, the system includes 124 developed parks, including 19 marine parks, 11 historical parks, 35 heritage sites, 13 interpretive centers and approximately 500 miles of long-distance recreation trails. And the agency is staffed with nearly 1000 employees (summers), who are some of the most passionate employees you’ll find anywhere We love what we manage and what we do. For more information on Washington State Parks, click here.
Our team at Parks is an opportunity to learn payroll from A-Z, including process, hiring, deduction forms, benefits, timesheets, and shared leave. Plus, you’ll delve into accounting occasionally with journal vouchers and vendor payments.
We’re looking for a team player ready for a fun, fast-paced, and hands-on work environment!
Under the supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, this position reviews and processes payroll documents and deduction forms, consults on payroll issues, federal taxes, electronic fund transfers, retirement, insurance and other miscellaneous deductions for about one-third of the agency’s employees.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and monitor the payroll system to ensure employees are paid correctly.
- Audit accuracy of timesheets.
- Calculate holiday hours.
- Audit employee leave records.
- Prepare and process employee benefit forms, including Health Care Authority determination worksheets, health care and retirement eligibility notification, worksheet tracking, life and Long-Term Disability enrollment, and retirement enrollment forms.
- Process garnishment orders.
- Prepare A19 payments as well as preparation and entry of associated Journal Vouchers.
- Review, analyze and interpret agency accounting and financial records and reports.
- Analyze, interpret and process child support.
- Process shared leave.
- Complete ESD wage verifications and bank verifications of employment.
- File payroll documents.
- One (1) year of payroll or accounting experience.
- 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of accounting course credits and one (1) year of payroll experience.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: All Washington State Parks employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 Vaccination as part of the hire process for all positions within our agency. If you have questions about this requirement, please contact the recruitment team at HR.Recruitment@parks.wa.gov.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please complete the online job application and profile at www.careers.wa.gov. You must attach or embed in your application the following:
- Letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references, if not completed in the application process.
- Transcripts showing completed 18 quarter or 12 semester accounting credit hours.
This position is included in the non-supervisory bargaining unit represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). For more information: https://wfse.org/.
For information about this position, please contact Taletha Walker at Taletha.Walker@parks.wa.gov or (360) 902-8580.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3892050/fiscal-analyst-1-payroll