Salary: $40,812.00 – $54,492.00 Annually
Location: King County – Enumclaw, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Job Number: 2023-5-4152-07017
Department: Dept. of Natural Resources
Opening Date: 05/25/2023
Closing Date: 6/8/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Want to join something GREAT and make a difference?
This position works out of the South Puget Sound Region office located in Enumclaw, WA, approximately 45 minutes southeast of Seattle Washington in King County. Enumclaw is an outdoor enthusiasts dream and known as “The Gateway to Mt. Rainier” with easy access to world class skiing, hiking, climbing, hunting and fishing. Not only will you work in a great community you will work in a wonderful region. The South Puget Sound Region spans King, Pierce, Kitsap, Mason, Thurston, and parts of Snohomish, Lewis and Grays Harbor counties. The region includes 359,524 acres of state forest, agriculture, urban, and conservation lands, and the staff oversee forest practices on approximately 2.5 million acres and leads wildfire prevention and fighting efforts on 1.9 million acres of state and private forestland.
This position reports to the Region’s Fiscal Analyst 4 and must interact with Region & Division staff and other Agency personnel, both State and Federal, outside vendors/contractors, private sector companies and occasionally the general public. Work is assigned both in writing and verbally, and depending on the assignment, may be assigned by the Region Manager or Assistant Region Manager, Business and Operations. This position works under the guidance of State and Federal regulations, Office of Finance Management, DNR policies and procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements and provides guidance to others, ensuring procedural compliance, accuracy, and that deadlines are met. Region Operations Finance consists of 5 positions that support the finance needs of approximately 200 staff. If you are customer service oriented, practice fiscal responsibility, and enjoy working in a high volume, fast paced, professional and fun environment, this is a perfect position for you.
- Process Payroll & Benefits
- Accounts Payable – Credit Cards reconciliation, Travel Reimbursements, Vendor Payments
- Bank Deposits & Cash Application
- 15 college credit hours of accounting and one year of professional clerical, fiscal, or accounting experience; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education which includes the 15 college credit hours of accounting.
- Experience with basic computer applications (such as Microsoft Outlook and Excel).
- Professional experience setting priorities to meet work deadlines and produce results.
- Experience compiling financial analysis reports.
- Experience performing accurate work using knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Experience with Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Experience with using computer programs such as: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency using ten-key calculator.
- Experience with providing superior customer service.
- Record Keeping.
- Fiscal Accountability.
- DNR Core Competencies:
- Personal Accountability
- Value Others
- Compassionate Communication
- Inspire Others
- Commitment to Excellence
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn business computer software systems.
- Ability to set priorities to meet work deadlines and produce results.
- Two years of full-time experience as a Fiscal Technician, or equivalent, including experience using accounting- related software; an Associate of Arts Degree, or equivalent, in accounting or business may substitute for one year of required experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both oral and written communication (active listening and questioning).
- Knowledge of Department of Natural Resources or OFM financial policies and procedures Experience using SAP software such as NaturE or HRMS.
- Experience with government fiscal operations.
- Experience using SAP software such as NaturE or HRMS.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov. You must complete the entire online application to be considered for the position.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Attach a copy of your college degree certificate or an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- Important: Do not attach any documents that include photos or private information (social security number, year of birth, etc.).
- Complete all supplemental questions.
- Candidates that move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted via email from firstname.lastname@example.org with interview information/scheduling instructions. Please monitor the email listed in your application materials and check your junk email folder to ensure you receive those communications.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4056397/fiscal-analyst-1-payroll-ap