Salary: $4,282.00 – $5,756.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Job Number: 2023-09032
Department: Parks and Recreation Commission
Opening Date: 07/25/2023
Closing Date: 8/1/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission manages one of the largest, most diverse–and most beautiful—parks systems in the country. With more than 120,000 acres, the system includes 124 developed parks, including 19 marine parks, 11 historical parks, 35 heritage sites, 13 interpretive centers and approximately 500 miles of long-distance recreation trails. And the agency is staffed with nearly 1000 employees (summers), who are some of the most passionate employees you’ll find anywhere We love what we manage and what we do. For more information on Washington State Parks, click here.
This position reports to the Facilities Program Manager and supports the agency’s mission by inspecting, assessing, and reporting the current status of construction and maintenance projects to provide updates for the agency’s Facility Inventory and Condition Assessment Program (FICAP). This position is also responsible for conducting facilities condition assessments regarding building envelope, accessibility, historic preservation, and infrastructure. The incumbent will develop the scope of work and cost estimate primarily for preventative maintenance projects, as well as for capital projects and deferred maintenance projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the condition of park facilities ranging from buildings, trails, electrical infrastructure, communication infrastructure, roadways, water infrastructure, and septic infrastructure, initially focusing on building envelope, ADA accessibility compliance and historic structures.
- Prepares summary reports and updates parks’ Facility Inventory and Condition Assessment Program (FICAP) as facility conditions changes.
- With a preventative maintenance project development focus, develops physical improvement project scopes of work, cost and schedule estimates, and preparing or overseeing the preparation of documentation required to permit and do the work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in engineering, architecture, or facilities/construction management. **
- Two (2) years facilities management or equivalent trades experience.
- A valid, unrestricted (except for corrective lenses) driver’s license.
**Additional qualifying experience may be substituted year-for-year for education.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or facilities/construction management.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please complete the online job application and profile at www.careers.wa.gov. It is highly encouraged to attach or embed in your application the following:
- Letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references, if not completed in the application process.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4121179/facilities-engineer-1-facilities-programs