Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $55,000 to $60,000
Deadline: May 01, 2023
Position Summary: The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
Up to 2 positions available. Environmental Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst (Research Associate II) positions are available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands to be assigned in Fort Collins, CO to provide support for the US Air Force Environmental GIS project, which provides comprehensive GIS support services and data maintenance for over 100 installations.
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, Colorado State University has mandated vaccinations against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information & Resources site here, https://covid.colostate.edu/pandemic-preparedness-team-broad-guidance-for-all-summer-and-fall-2021-activities/.
- BA/BS degree in natural resources management, environmental science, geography, geographic information systems (GIS), history, anthropology, or computer science.
- Three years of demonstrated work experience is required in environmental related GIS. Course work will not be included.
- The successful candidate also must have demonstrated training and experience using GIS software, database management software, global positioning system technology, and geospatial technical writing and documentation.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are required.
- Travel to Air Force installations may be required for data collection and development.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Employee Benefits: Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ & https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
Full job description and to apply: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/124983