Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $25 to $28
Olson Environmental, LLC is seeking an Environmental Field Crew Lead to join our team. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working outside and heaping to lead a crew while putting in a full day’s work. This is a seasonal, labor intensive role that will be instrumental in providing support in the management of invasive/noxious weeds in natural space, various habitat restoration activities, including plant installation, irrigation installation, and site maintenance. Opportunity to come on board full time after the winter season.
Some of the equipment you will be using includes industrial mowers, brush cutters, hedger, and occasionally herbicide applicator equipment. Job sites may include uneven ground and steep slopes. You will be frequently bending and squatting during the day and carry loads of 30-40 pounds, up to the occasional 90 pounds. Work schedule is Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm. Summer season is 6:00am.
We intend to fill this position with a candidate who brings with them a critical and related set of skills, knowledge, and experiences. All are encouraged to apply, even those who believe they do not meet every single one of the qualifications. Simply put, we are interested in finding the best candidate for the job.
- Assist in various restoration and Stormwater facility maintenance projects, including native planting, irrigation, and site maintenance utilizing various landscape maintenance power tools.
- Maintaining a safe work environment for the crew
- Responsibility to enforce safety with the crew
- Ensure completion of the project in a timely manner within the allotted time
- Before and after pictures to be taken before leaving the site – for new sites and odd jobs
- Responsible for turning in receipts and invoices to accounting
- Maintain daily spray logs during mitigation season
- Ensure crew general preparedness including proper attire, plenty of fluids, lunch breaks , etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with the safe operation of power tools such as lawn mowers, brush cutters, hedgers etc.
- Previous experience in environmental mitigation and field work.
- Work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work long hours and overtime.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:
Employees of Olson Environmental, LLC are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes Olson Environmental, LLC an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
About Olson Environmental, LLC:
Since its establishment in 1991, Olson Environmental, LLC. has completed over 3,000 natural resource-based projects in the Pacific Northwest. Projects completed include residential, commercial, and retail development as well as public works and transportation projects for local counties and cities. Olson offers a full range of wetland and wildlife services including wetland delineation, habitat assessments, mitigation planning, forest practices, timber management planning, technical writing, biological assessments, SEPA, JARPA, ESA compliance, and wetland/habitat restoration.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and reference contacts: APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE