Job Type: Temporary
Salary Details: $18 to $22 per hour. Payrate is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Deadline: Jun 03, 2023
A Data Digitization Technician (Temporary Hourly) position is available with Colorado State University (CSU) and the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). This position will be located at CSU in Fort Collins, Colorado.
This position will be an hourly position, up to 40 hours per week, for up to 9 months. This position will assist with data digitization/scanning aspects of the Air Force Environmental GIS Support Program at locations throughout the United States. This position allows the successful candidate to gain knowledge and experience in other US states by traveling to states such as South Carolina, Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Alaska. Specific duties will include (but not be limited to) operating scanning equipment and cameras to digitize hard copy documents for subsequent GIS data development efforts. This successful candidate will also gain experience by assisting with data management and organization for the project. The successful candidate will work with and will coordinate with project staff and Air Force Program Managers.
Work will be based out of Fort Collins, Colorado, population 160,000+. Fort Collins is a small but growing and progressive city nestled against the eastern flanks of the central Rocky Mountains, approximately one hour north of Denver in north-central Colorado. Its location and Colorado’s idyllic climate make Fort Collins a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. Within easy reach are myriad trails for hiking, mountain biking, wildlife watching, horseback riding, and back-country skiing on a plethora of public lands, including nearby National Parks, Forests, and Grasslands, and countless local natural areas. Fort Collins also has a vibrant cultural scene, with many options for enjoying theater productions, music events, annual festivals, museums, art galleries, restaurants, gardens, and more. For more information, visit https://www.visitftcollins.com/ .
- A BA/BS degree in natural resources management, environmental science, geography, geographic information systems (GIS), history, anthropology, computer science, or another related field.
- Have a willingness to travel to Air Force installations throughout the US for data digitization efforts.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- The position may require bending, climbing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Working experience with data management, managing and organizing large numbers of files, and operating scanning equipment.
- Experience with data entry and GIS data development.
- Knowledge and experience with the U.S. Air Force GeoBase program, U.S. Air Force Environmental Programs, and Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) are beneficial.
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu.
$18 to $22 per hour. Payrate is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Apply no later than June 3, 2023 for full consideration. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered. Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birth dates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (1 to 2-page letter addressing each minimum and desirable qualification described in the announcement including examples of ability to work independently)
3) Three professional references, including at least one supervisor (will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Send application materials to Benjamin.Wasserstein@colostate.edu. Please include “Data Digitization Technician application” in the email subject line.