For more information, please follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3577879/data-collection-field-technician-tpt-2-spokane-tumwater
Salary– $3,915.00 – $5,268.00 Monthly
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to do overnight travel extensively throughout Washington state for entire work weeks for most of the year.
- Ability to drive for six or more hours per day.
- Ability to sit in a vehicle for extended periods of time while working with handheld electronic devices.
- Ability to safely move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform duties including safely crossing lanes of travel while carrying equipment, in adverse weather conditions and in varying temperatures and humidity levels.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical movements including bending, squatting, kneeling, and hammering motions to install, maintain and uninstall equipment.
- Ability to effectively work both solo and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with peers and managers effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn and consistently follow safety guidelines and policies.
- Ability to use various hand tools both powered and non-powered to conduct functions of the position.
- Learn within six months to solo carry out all job functions accurately and efficiently, while conforming to documented safety protocols.
- Ability to use personal computers and department assigned suite of software tools (e.g., Windows OS, Microsoft Suite, and File maker Pro) and vendor supplied software.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Professional experience collecting traffic data, including the use of pneumatic tube counters, manual count boards, and/or Bluetooth readers.
- Professional experience working with traffic data.
- One year of experience as a Transportation Planning Technician 1 or equivalent classification.
- An Associate degree in civil engineering technology, surveying, drafting, computer science or other closely related field, or equivalent vocational technical program consisting of at least 1200 instructional hours in the above fields.
Note: Experience performing basic technical engineering or transportation data collection work equivalent to a Transportation Planning Technician 1 will substitute year for year for education.
- This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
- One position reports to Spokane, WA and the second position reports to Tumwater, WA.
- These positions are not eligible for remote work.
- These are a non-permanent opportunities, expected to last two (2) years.
- By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Compliance with this mandate is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
- WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
- Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
- Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 11 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.