Salary: $9,534.00 – $12,227.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Remote Employment: Flexible/Hybrid
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 23DOT-HQ-0W588
Closing: 5/7/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world’s longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world’s widest tunneling project.
WSDOT is currently seeking a CSR Project Director to plan, organize, direct, and lead two major system modernization efforts for the Capital System Replacement (CSR) project. There is significant intersection between the contracting, functionality, administration, and operational support of the two systems. The Project Director has overall responsibility for the leadership, coordination, and daily operations of the modernization projects and reports to the Executive Sponsor, Assistant Secretary, Regions, and the Business Sponsor, Director of CPDM and coordinates with the Directors for Construction, Design, and Information Technology for support of the project.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the CSR Project Director will:
- Be responsible for the leadership and management of information technology professionals, subject matter experts, and staff in over 12 business and information technology workstreams including planning, directing, organizing, and controlling the work performed on project teams.
- Act as the Lead for coordination with Propel, the Enterprise Technology Board, and the Information Technology Division.
- Ensure the project adheres to internal policies and standards.
- Manage project budget and ensure the project meets all information technology project requirements as outlined by the OCIO, WaTech, and Office of Financial Management.
- Coordinate project activities and daily operations with Capital Program Delivery & Management’s (CPDM) Acting Deputy Director.
- Ensure project leadership is responsive to external Quality Assurance (QA) recommendations and guidance.
- Negotiate and manage software license agreements, software vendor contracts, and consultant contracts related to the project.
This strategic project position has major statewide impacts on the financial and administrative business aspects of WSDOT. This position must have the highest level of mastery of professional financial management, information technology management and project/program leadership.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Administration.
- Ten (10) years of recent, professional, industry experience.
- Six (6) years of experience managing complex government organizations.
- Significant experience in managing the design, development, implementation, and administration of complex financial and administrative systems.
- Demonstrated leadership or sponsorship of large-scale information technology projects.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of state laws, rules and policies related to asset management, program management, project management, contract administration, budgeting, and human resources.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of complex project/program applications and systems.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial and technology information in an understandable format.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in leading diverse groups and working with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to identify issues or problems and develop an action plan to mitigate risks.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment with multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Project management experience.
- PROSCI organizational change management certification.
- Experience with WSDOT’s program management, project management, and financial systems.
- Experience with WSDOT funding sources and federal grant management requirements.
- Experience with contracts management.
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Andrew Huff, at email@example.com . Please be sure to reference 23DOT-HQ-0W588 in the subject line.
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4020005/csr-project-director-wms4. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required to apply to this opportunity.