For more information, please follow this link: Real Food Challenge
Salary- $15.50 per hour for 12 hours per week.
The Core Team Organizer (CTO) program is a part-time and temporary opportunity for young organizers and leaders in Uprooted & Rising and Real Food Challenge to gain leadership skills by devoting substantial time to progressing the movement through deep project-based work at the national or regional level and to gain experience as part-time staff in a movement organization.
The Real Food Calculator Core Team Organizer (“CTO”) is an one-of-a-kind opportunity for a candidate who will be bridging university and college dining with transparency and accountability. The CTO will play a crucial role in updating the Real Food Calculator tool so it can be ready to track and audit university/college food purchasing against the upcoming Anchors in Action (“AiA”) Standards. The CTO will also ensure that the new Calculator tool will seamlessly be integrated to the tracking and auditing needs of current campaigns in the Uprooted and Rising base. In addition, the CTO will support current student researchers who are completing a Real Food Calculator assessment through research data checks, facilitating exit interviews, and updating the Verified Products Database.
The Real Food Calculator CTO will work up to 12 hours in a typical week and will be paid $15.50/hour. The term for this role is March through August 2022. This job requires some weekend and evening work. This position is remote and the CTO will be expected to have reliable access to a computer and an internet connection.
- Design the updated Real Food Calculator tool based on feedback from Uprooted & Rising leaders and the Real Food Challenge network with the support and guidance from Program Coordinator;
- Incorporate elements needed for the Real Food Calculator to track and audit food purchases against the AiA Standards;
- Work with the contracted web developer to ensure necessary updates are being built out;
- Create additional tools and resources to ready institutions of higher education and student researchers for the implementation of the AiA Standards (including researching instructions, researcher training videos, Real Food Calculator tutorials, etc.);
- Perform data checks for institutions currently running the Real Food Calculator;
- Coordinate and facilitate exit interviews with student researchers who are completing Real Food Calculator assessments;
- Work with a contracted web developer to ensure updates to the Verified Products Database as needed.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to food sovereignty, racial justice, and climate justice;
- Understanding of the complexities and cross-cutting issues of the food system;
- Previous experience in food systems research, including the Real Food Calculator;
- Previous experience with developing resources, training materials, tutorials, and/or instructional materials for a project;
- No conflict of interest with a major food industry, third-party certification body, or food service provider;
- Familiarity with campus food issues
- Must be able to work up to 12 hrs/week through August 2022;
- Previous experience (formal or informal) in project management is a plus.
Values & Skills
- A commitment to climate justice, racial equity, and food sovereignty;
- A passion for food justice and a clear personal stake in transforming the food system and higher ed’s role in the food system;
- Keen attention to detail and is thorough with assigned tasks;
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong time management and project management skills;
- Strong self-motivation, an eagerness to be challenged and to learn;
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends;
- Comfort and familiarity working remotely and with remote working tools (Google Calendar, Google Meets, Slack, etc.)
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States of America. Current staff are based: Boston, MA; St. Louis, MO; New York City, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Tampa, FL.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job functions.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Real Food Calculator CTO Application.” In your cover letter, please describe why you applied for this position and your experience as it relates to the responsibilities and qualifications of this position.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The priority deadline for applications is Dec. 31, 2021 and the final deadline to apply is Jan. 14, 2022. Candidates who turn in applications by the priority deadline can expect to move forward in the hiring process before the final deadline.
Alliance for Global Justice and Real Food Generation honor the unique talents and lived experiences of each individual and seek candidates who will bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to our work.