Salary: $47,688.00 – $64,092.00 Annually
Location: Cowlitz County – Castle Rock, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Closing Date: 8/27/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Would you like to become an integral part of accomplishing the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) mission to manage, sustain, and protect the health and productivity of Washington’s lands and waters to meet the needs of present and future generations? Are you committed to working with natural resource specialists to meet the reforestation needs on state trust lands within Pacific Cascade Region? Are you someone who is detail oriented and highly organized? The Washington State Department of Natural Resources Pacific Cascade Region is looking for an individual to fill their Contract Specialist position in the Silviculture program.
The contract specialist position performs technical and professional duties within the region silviculture program. This position works under the guidance of the region IMF (Intensive Management Forester), the Habitat Conservation Plan, the Forest Practice Rules, the Policy for Sustainable Forests, the Endangered Species Act, and all other applicable laws, rules, regulations, and agency policies, procedures, and guidelines. Under the direction of the region IMF, this position serves as the point of contact and subject matter expert pertaining to the Region’s silviculture contracts. This position reports to the region IMF and must interact with agency staff, the public and other state, county, and federal agencies on a routine basis. The units are responsible for implementing programmatic policy, procedures, guidance, and attaining tangible deliverables on the ground.
- An Bachelor’s degree involving major study in business administration, public administration, business law, commerce, economics, mathematics, statistics, or closely allied field AND One year of experience in negotiating, administering, or terminating contracts, contract property management, contract cost or price analysis, contract compliance administration or natural resource business or public administration field involving contract management
OR A combination of education and/or experience equivalent.
A law degree from an accredited college or university approved by the Washington State Bar Association, or a Master’s Degree in one of the above disciplines may be substituted for the experience.
- Experience with contracts terminology and development; contracts practices and procedures.
- Advanced level experience in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office, including Excel spreadsheets, and Adobe Products.
- Experience organizing, prioritizing, and working within tight schedules and timelines with attention to detail.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- DNR Core Competencies:
- Personal Accountability
- Value Others
- Compassionate Communication
- Inspire Others
- Commitment to Excellence
- Knowledge of State laws and regulations governing contracts and agreements.
- Knowledge of the Washington State RCWs and WACs.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively with others to effectively solve problems.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Department of Natural Resources programs, operations, and software including: LRM, TSDC, and SharePoint.
- Competency in ArcGIS.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge of silviculture processes and required associated documents.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Important: Do not attach any documents that include photos or private information (social security number, year of birth, etc.).
- Complete all supplemental questions.
- Candidates that move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted via email from firstname.lastname@example.org with interview information/scheduling instructions. Please monitor the email listed in your application materials and check your junk email folder to ensure you receive those communications.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/4144591/contract-specialist-1