Salary: $56,084.00 – $75,427.00 Annually
Location: Mason County – Shelton, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Department: Mason Conservation District
Job Number: 2023-MCD CDC
Job Classification: Resource Technician III
Pay Range: $56,084 – $75,427
Duty Station: Shelton, WA
Type: Regular, Full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, hourly position.
This position is supported by and contingent on available grant funding.
The Conservation Data Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing Mason CD’s GIS program, including database administration, preparing datasets and maps for various District programs, and conducting data analyses. The GIS Coordinator is also responsible as the technical lead for Mason County’s Voluntary Stewardship Program.
- Create, operate, administer and maintain the District’s Geographic Information System (GIS) and databases
- Identify data sources and secure data to support District Programs
- Collect and update data for GIS projects
- Establish GIS procedures and protocols for system use and operations
- Integrate GIS into projects across all programs providing assistance through map making, modeling, and analysis
- Research and recommend purchases of GIS software and related hardware
- Create geospatial datasets and prepare maps for publication
- Generate and prepare maps for various district programs
- Prepare web maps and applications for district use and public outreach.
- Manage, maintain and deploy GPS equipment
- Process and perform data analysis for the Voluntary Stewardship Program
- Prepare and maintain data tables for the Voluntary Stewardship Program
- Prepare and administer reports for the Voluntary Stewardship Program
- Maintain and organize Voluntary Stewardship Program structures, reports, and databases. Ensure program efficiency.
- Work with the Voluntary Stewardship team in developing program goals and prepare documentation for project planning.
- Set goals for the GIS program and develop plans to reach those goals
- Provides technical support to district employees to meet operational goals and needs
- Support District programs as the Smartsheet lead developer
OTHER POSSIBLE DUTIES DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
- Organize and facilitate Voluntary Stewardship Program workgroup meetings
- Drone Pilot
- General office tech support
- Assessment/monitoring/data focused project management
- Grant writing support
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, geography, natural resources, or related field.
- Four or more years of related professional experience.
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Adobe, and Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, independently analyze, and weigh risks versus benefits in decision-making.
- Interest in and commitment to natural resources enhancement and public education.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse community members and build relationships with customers and partners.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, work well with team members, and adapt to new processes. Service-oriented attitude and constructive problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and on rough or uneven terrain.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time in a standard workday.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for long periods when travel is needed.
- Ability to lift, pull, carry, push up to 40lbs.
- Occasional bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling/crawling, reaching overhead.
- Ability to exercise caution and maintain all safety requirements.
- Ability to work occasionally beyond an 8-hr workday or on the weekend.
- Continuous hand and finger movement.
- Visual acuity at 20 inches or less.
- Hearing acuity for speech discrimination.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position. This may require the operation of a motor vehicle in both public and private roads during daylight hours and occasionally after dark.
Employment Application: Send a cover letter, resume and references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: The District provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Vacation accrual begins at eight (8) hours per month and increases based on years of service.
- The District’s recognizes twelve (12) holidays per year, which includes one (1) personal holiday.
- Sick leave accrues at eight (8) hours per month.
- The District and its employees participate in the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- The District currently covers 100% of employee health care coverage and 90% of dependents.
Mason Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please let us know if you need any accommodation to participate in the application process.
Closing Date: Open until filled.