Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: $20-$27/hour
Deadline: Jul 21, 2023
Part-Time Contractor, flexible location (work from home)
About: Remote Energy, is currently hiring an experienced Administrative & Student Services Coordinator to join our small, highly motivated team.
Mission: Remote Energy(RE) a US-based 501(c)(3) for-impact organization, trains and mentors solar energy educators and technicians in underrepresented populations worldwide to bring energy independence, career opportunities, and improved quality of life to their communities.
Vision: Remote Energy envisions a world where solar energy training provides pathways to improved healthcare, education, clean water, economic opportunities and a healthy planet for all. We also acknowledge the severe and increasing racial, gender and economic disparities and barriers to opportunity in our industry and our work is devoted to addressing them.
Position Description: The Administrative & Student Services Coordinator will be responsible of overseeing administrative operations and successfully delivering our educational programs as it relates to student recruitment, support, and ensuring that our in-person and remote students worldwide get the most out of their learning experience.
The successful candidate will use their exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills to:
- Provide high quality online and in-person student services support and be the first point of contact for questions submitted from our website, social media outlets, and whatsapp
- Enroll students in online or in-person classes
- Provide overall administrative course management (scholarship reports, course registration) and student registration/enrollment (scholarship intake, processing and initiating communication with new applicant)
- Maintain the organization’s database for students, classes, and donors.
- Implement and train the RE team with new software as needed.
- Maintain relationships with partnering organizations and assist Project Manager -on a needs basis- with any project related documentation
- Work with the team to create the training calendar
- Create M&E student surveys, compile and track metrics and data from our training programs
- Manage and respond to general inquiries sent to Remote Energy’s organizational email
- Schedule and attend general inquiry calls for potential partnerships and funding
- Responsible for overall management of creating and gathering monthly timesheets from staff, reviewing timesheets and expense reports and updating staff hours worked on projects.
- Work with RE team to organize and maintain files and documents in Google Drive and other internal software
- Train staff and assist in implementation of internal software like project management tools
- Manage Remote Energy’s LMS (Learning Management System)
- Prepare all written documents needed for classes, including course schedule, evaluations, and release forms
- Create course notebooks for in-person classes and coordinate with printers to deliver to the course location
- Work with Project Manager to assure all details are prepared for courses
- Assist team members with travel arrangements for Remote Energy’s programming
- Assist with grant administration tasks
- Research tasks related to the success of Remote Energy’s projects
- Fundraising committee member
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; other languages are a bonus
- Effective communication skills using email, Zoom, WhatsApp, Google drive, and other virtual tools
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working independently and remotely within a high-performing team
- Experience with database software
- Three years of related experience with student services or administration
- Learning Management System experience, including Moodle
- Experience or interest in working with students from many cultures and backgrounds and the schedule flexibility to service students from around the world
This part time contract position is for 20 hours per week starting in August/September, 2023. Remote Energy is based in Tacoma, Washington with remote offices in Washington State, Maine and New York with students in all time zones. Living in the Pacific Northwest is not required but preference is given to those in the Northern Puget Sound Area or Midcoast Maine. High-speed internet access and a willingness to work remotely, sometimes after hours (to accommodate time zones in Africa) and attend regular tele-conference meetings is. Pay scale is between $20-$27/hour.
Note: This position could be set up as an employee (not contractor), if you live in a state that Remote Energy currently has a legal office.
Applications are due by July 21st at 5 pm PST. To apply, submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that compels us to contact you. Submit application to email@example.com