Salary: $3,024.00 – $4,013.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Other, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Job Number: 2023-03848
Department: Parks and Recreation Commission
Opening Date: 05/30/2023
Closing Date: 6/6/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission manages one of the largest, most diverse–and most beautiful—parks systems in the country. With more than 120,000 acres, the system includes 124 developed parks, including 19 marine parks, 11 historical parks, 35 heritage sites, 13 interpretive centers and approximately 500 miles of long-distance recreation trails. And the agency is staffed with nearly 1000 employees (summers), who are some of the most passionate employees you’ll find anywhere We love what we manage and what we do. For more information on Washington State Parks, click here.
This customer-focused position will direct the Inland Northwest Area’s customer service, financial tracking, reservation system, scheduling, and other clerical needs to ensure our visitors & user groups have a safe and enjoyable experience that fits within the mission and scope of Washington State Parks.
Come join our dedicated area headquarters team in a front-row seat by leading our administrative support efforts at Washington’s two largest state parks, Riverside & Mount Spokane!
Under general supervision, this position provides support and oversight of daily administrative operations for the Inland NW Park Area and is the principle administrative assistant to the Park Area Manager. This position is the expert in the areas of customer service, financial compliance and oversight, administrative management, and is the point of contact for coordinating efforts with the park with region and headquarters staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with managing Area Managers calendar as well as maintenance of other calendars and scheduling of routine park activities and functions.
- Assist the manager with the development and monitoring of budget information.
- Assist with confidential correspondence and sensitive paperwork.
- Function as the hub for administrative communications for the park during regular business hours.
- Responsible for processing mail and email, answering phones and responding to inquiries.
- Responsible for providing, managing, and coordinating customer service for the Park Area.
- Assist with scheduling and training staff in use of the reservation system (CAMIS) and resolving CAMIS problems and reconciliation of fiscal information within the system.
- Provide information to headquarters and region staff and responds to needs for the day-to-day administrative operations.
- Responsible for revenue and expenditure processing.
- Responsible for ordering, processing purchasing payments, and resolving purchasing and procurement issues.
- Responsible for inventory management to include routine ordering of supplies, equipment, retail merchandise, and park publications.
- **Associate degree and two (2) years of responsible office experience at the senior clerical level or higher.
- A valid unrestricted (except for corrective lenses) driver’s license.
- One (1) year of work experience using Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
**Additional clerical or office work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for year basis.
- Knowledge of state government, rules, and regulations.
- Experience with handling financial data which requires mathematical calculations.
- Experience providing direct customer service.
- Knowledge of State Parks’ rules and regulations.
UNIFORM INFORMATION: All Administrative Assistants are required to wear a uniform. A complete and properly worn uniform helps establish the professional identity of an Administrative Assistant and promotes respect as a Washington State Parks employee. Administrative Assistants will receive 4 shirts within the first year (2 shirts per calendar year after the first year), 1 baseball cap every year, and 1 jacket every 5 years.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please complete the online job application and profile at www.careers.wa.gov. It is highly encouraged to attach or embed in your application the following:
- Letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references, if not completed in the application process.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3962024/administrative-assistant-2-inland-nw-area