Salary: $2,890.00 – $3,821.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Job Number: 2023-02107
Department: Parks and Recreation Commission
Opening Date: 06/15/2023
Closing Date: 6/25/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission manages one of the largest, most diverse–and most beautiful—parks systems in the country. With more than 120,000 acres, the system includes 124 developed parks, including 19 marine parks, 11 historical parks, 35 heritage sites, 13 interpretive centers and approximately 500 miles of long-distance recreation trails. And the agency is staffed with nearly 1000 employees (summers), who are some of the most passionate employees you’ll find anywhere We love what we manage and what we do. For more information on Washington State Parks, click here.
Welcome to Mount Spokane State Park, Washington’s largest State Park. In this position you will get to work in an environment that encourages teamwork and helps each other out when needed.
At Mount Spokane we have all 4 seasons, with the Winter season being our busiest. If you like working in a position that allows for visitor interaction and working as a team, we encourage you to apply!
Under general supervision by the Mount Spokane Ranger 3, this position will provide support and oversight of daily administrative operations of Mount Spokane State Park, Crawford State Park, supportive services to staff, and coordinates efforts with the Inland Northwest Area Hub at Riverside State Park, Eastern Region, and headquarters staff. This position assists with administrative management of customer service, financial compliance, oversight, and serves as the point of contact for Mount Spokane State Park and Crawford.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Function as the hub for administrative communications for the park during regular business hours.
- Responsible for processing mail and email, answering phones and responding to inquiries.
- Assist with maintaining calendars and scheduling of routine park activates and functions.
- Assist with confidential correspondence and sensitive paperwork.
- In conjunction with the Park Ranger 3, coordinates customer service for Mount Spokane State Park and Crawford State Park.
- Serves as the office interface with the public including responding to customers inquiries and processing customer payments.
- Assist with scheduling and training booth staff in use of the reservation system (CAMIS) and resolving CAMIS problems and reconciliation of fiscal information within the system.
- Provide information to headquarters and region staff and responds to needs for the day-to-day administrative operations.
- Responsible for revenue and expenditure processing.
- Responsible for ordering, processing purchasing payments, and resolving purchasing and procurement issues.
- Two (2) years of responsible office experience at the senior clerical level or higher.
- A valid unrestricted (except for corrective lenses) driver’s license.
- Experience with handling financial records which required mathematical calculations.
- Customer service experience.
- Knowledge of state government rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of State Parks’ rules and regulations
All Administrative Assistants are required to wear a uniform. A complete and properly worn uniform helps establish the professional identity of an Administrative Assistant and promotes respect as a Washington State Parks employee. Administrative Assistants will receive 4 shirts within the first year (2 shirts per calendar year after the first year), 1 baseball cap every year, and 1 jacket every 5 years.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration, please complete the online job application and profile at www.careers.wa.gov. You must attach or embed in your application the following:
- Letter of Interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references.
For more information and to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3919553/administrative-assistant-1-mount-spokane