For more information, please follow this link: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/greatbasin/Careers.aspx?req=2022-ACI-015&type=JOBDESCR
Salary- Total Living Allowance: up to $7,820.00 (Approximately $1,203.08 biweekly before taxes)
• Segal AmeriCorps Education Award: $1,678.57 (Upon successful completion, the award may be used for past, present or future educational expenses, including payment of qualifying federal student loans and Title IV accredited college tuition.)
• Onsite housing provided at no cost
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance available at no cost
|The Great Basin Institute, in cooperation with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (Sheldon-Hart Mountain National Wildlife Refuge Complex), is recruiting 1 Visitor Services Technician to participate in supporting visitor services, education and outreach efforts at the refuge complex. The AmeriCorps member will create public education and outreach videos to highlight conservation work, natural and cultural resources, visitor opportunities, and the overall importance of the Sheldon-Hart Mountain National Wildlife Refuge Complex.
• Interviewing Refuge staff to learn about programs and resources;
• Developing and editing short outreach videos, and posting these videos on the Refuge website;
• Assisting Refuge staff with miscellaneous projects to gain a better understanding of Refuge programs;
• Developing longer educational videos for specific groups or target audiences;
• Developing ‘in-person’ education programs for local schools or other groups as COVID 19 safety guidance allows.
|• 13 – week appointment beginning May 25th, 2022
• Full time (40 hours/week)
|The Sheldon-Hart Mountain National Wildlife Refuge Complex includes Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge and Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge. Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge protects over 900 square miles of wildlife habitat in the northwestern corner of Nevada. It is home to large herds of pronghorn antelope, scattered bands of bighorn sheep and a rich assortment of other wildlife. Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge is an oasis in the desert located in Southeastern OR. The refuge was established in 1936 to provide range for remnant pronghorn herds. Refuge management has since been broadened to include conservation of all wildlife and native plant species characteristic of this high-desert habitat. This position will be based at Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge.|
• A bachelor’s degree or completed courses related to visitor services, recreation, environmental education or a related field;
• Experience with video equipment;
• Experience with video editing software programs;
• Practical experience in environmental education, interpretation or outreach;
• An interest and familiarity with conservation efforts, visitor services, cultural and natural resources management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to effectively work with other team members such as refuge staff;
• Comfortable living in shared housing;
• Possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record; and
• Meet AmeriCorps eligibility requirements: (1) U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status, (2) eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award (limit of four in a lifetime or the equivalent of two full-time education awards), (3) pass National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) and federal criminal background checks, (4) adhere to the rules, regulations and code of conduct as specified in the Member Service Agreement; and (5) not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the Member Service Agreement.