For more information, please follow this link: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54405678e4b0635ae5d5c4c2/t/62b4b4d281f8fa6fb33789d4/1656009939214/Position+Description_PPS+22-23_Final.pdf
This position is in partnership between the Confluence Environmental Center, AmeriCorps Program, and Portland Public Schools (PPS). The Sustainability Project Coordinator will advance PPS’ goals to provide support to our schools in low– income neighborhoods with sustainability education and student–driven projects. Our team aims to engage more students and communities to make PPS more sustainable and equitable, shifting our culture and creating a healthier, lower impact, and more empowered community. The position will build on the successes of previous AmeriCorps Members in the following ways:
● 20% A self–directed PPS project, designed in collaboration with PPS Sustainability Team members.
● 20% Provide support and education around sustainability programs for staff and students.
● 20% Provide engagement and outreach around school sustainability projects and departmental goals.
● 20% Collect, organize, and report on data related to energy, water, waste, carbon sequestration.
● 10% Coordinate and facilitate meetings and workshops with sustainability staff from school sites and relevant district staff.
● 10% Expand equity & inclusion lens for department programs and engagement.