Job Type: Paid Internship
Salary Details: $600/week (18 weeks). Housing and round-trip transportation to site provided. Hours qualify towards Public Lands Corps (PLC) noncompetitive hiring.
Deadline: Apr 05, 2023
Start Date: May 1st, 2023
End Date: August 28th, 202
At Environment for the Americas, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – across all of our work around the world. They are central to our mission and to our impact. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing and increasingly diverse world.
This position is hosted by Willamette Valley National Wildlife Refuge Complex and the Audubon Society of Corvallis. The intern must have field experience and be able to work in a shrub landscape in hot temperatures. Early mornings are required to conduct nest searches and monitoring of Streaked Horned Larks. Much of this work is accomplished independently, and the intern must be able to work alone in field conditions, as well as with other researchers. This is a good opportunity to gain field experience and work with agency biologists. Additional field opportunities involve endangered plant surveys, Fender’s blue butterfly egg counts, bat detectors set-up, and more.
- Conduct nest searches for Steaked Horned Larks
- Monitor nests throughout the breeding season
- Summarize data on lark breeding success
- Blog on internship experience
- Contribute to the conservation of a threatened species
- Proven ability to work in the field independently
- Interest in avian biology and research
- Familiarity in field surveying methodologies
- Willingness to work under hot temperatures
- Ability to spend several hours a day walking in uneven shrub terrain
- Must have attention to detail
- Workweek involves 40 hours per week Monday – Friday
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their internship
- Must be between 18 and 30 years of age
- If you are a veteran, you may apply up to age 35
- Under Direct Hire Authority and Public Land Corps requirements, as provided by the Office of Personnel Management, you MUST be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. legal resident to be eligible for any position
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply HERE. Applications reviewed as received.