Position: South Sound GREEN Education Intern
Salary: $1000 – $1600 per month
Compensation is dependent on hours worked; not to exceed 80 hours per month
Temporary part-time; flexible work schedule. Can work with ILA or other school internship requirements
Thurston Conservation District is looking for a dynamic, energetic, and creative educator with a strong interest in youth and environmental education work.
The South Sound GREEN (SSG) Education Intern will work closely with the SSG staff to bring environmental education programs to youth in Thurston County. The intern will assist with the implementation and teaching of water quality monitoring field- and classroom-based lessons and will support a program that, every year, engages thousands of Thurston County students in hands-on scientific testing. Interns are not expected to be experts in education or environmental science. This temporary internship position begins January 2023 and ends March 2023 with the possibility to extend through June 2023.
NECESSARY & HELPFUL EXPERIENCE
- Strong interest in educating K-12 youth in classroom and field-based
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to complete projects on
- Experience/Interest in utilizing Microsoft Suite software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher).
- Ability to work independently with minimal
- Must pass a background check for working with youth and in
- Knowledge of or interest in environmental science, natural history, and water quality.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License or ability to obtain
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WORKSPACE
Here at Thurston Conservation District our employees and the people we serve come from all walks of life. All employees, interns, and volunteers receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This intern position is a temporary, paid, part-time position (80 hours per month maximum) with flexible work hours. Thurston Conservation District can work with school or program internship requirements to support interns to meet their academic goals and requirements. Local travel, and occasional evening and weekend hours are possible and negotiable. A computer, access to the internet and Microsoft Word or Open Office, and the ability to use video conferencing software are necessary to complete the internship.
Please submit the following in your application package:
- Resume, including relevant work experiences and course experience
- Cover letter sharing how this specific internship helps meet your academic or personal goals
- Two (2) professional/educational references
- If relevant, a copy of your school’s internship
Your cover letter is not to exceed one page. Letters of recommendation may be included. Applications are reviewed upon receipt and interviews may begin prior to the application deadline.
Send electronically (please no paper copies) to: email@example.com. Please include South Sound GREEN Intern – YOUR NAME in the subject line by the priority deadline of December 9, 2022.