For more information, please follow this link: email@example.com
GIS Surveyors Inc. (GSi) is a growing medium sized, Geospatial firm with offices in Poway and Yorba Linda, California as well as Bellevue, Washington. We have been providing solutions for our clients for over 5 years and are currently growing in the LiDAR processing field. We are seeking three LiDAR Analyst Interns to join our LiDAR team in our Bellevue, Washington office for a limited time between June and September 2022. Our office is located at 655 156th Ave. SE Bldg. A., Suite 285, Bellevue, WA 98007.
Our ability to create and grow a firm focused on attracting and cultivating professionals with the expertise to seamlessly deliver innovative Geospatial solutions to our clients separates GSi from other Geospatial firms. We foster a culture where every single member is truly part of our team and has influence in the sound decision making process of the organization. If you’re looking for an exciting work environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and professional growth, then we may be a good match for you.
This position is responsible for LiDAR Data Processing and QA/QC. We have a variety of clients that seek our expertise on ensuring quality LiDAR data is delivered in a timely manner and we utilize vendors and staff from around the world to accomplish this.
We need interns that have flexible schedules and can work with little to no supervision to accomplish the tasks assigned. Data will need to be processed, QA/QCed, corrected and produced into quality deliverables for our clients. Prior experience in LiDAR data processing is preferred but not required. Training will be provided on site. Successful candidates will be able to think spatially in a 3D environment and learn new concepts and software quickly.
- Serve as a resource for LiDAR data QA/QC and processing on topographic and utility surveys
- Classify LiDAR data using TerraScan to meet customer requirements
- Create and edit PLS-CADD models for use by utility engineers
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff and outside vendors on LiDAR data production.
- Provide internal daily status reports of activities.
- Other special duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current college student or recent graduate from a Geography, GIS, Remote Sensing, Drafting / Engineering or similar program.
- Skilled use of Microstation, Terrascan, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth, and other mapping, engineering, and drafting software (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of surveying and mapping practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS software
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing daily and weekly plans
- Must have the desire to learn new technologies, software, hardware, methodologies and assist the LIDAR team to operate at maximum efficiency
- Individual must demonstrate energy, drive and passion for the LIDAR division to succeed
- Pay strict attention to details and always be focused on maximizing production while maintaining quality control
- The successful candidate will work well with others, be team oriented, helpful and a good problem solver
- Ability to read, write and correspond clearly and concisely
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical information from procedure manuals, written and verbal instruction, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to understand 3D surface modeling and 3D visualization concepts
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate problems, issues with data or instructions
- Adhere to deadlines and high volume of work
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position working fewer than thirty (30) hours per week for a limited duration. Employment beyond any initially stated period does not in any way imply a change in employment status. Temporary employees are not eligible for employee benefits, except those mandated by applicable law.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Igor Talpalatski at firstname.lastname@example.org