Job Type: Paid Internship
Salary Details: 2,400 monthly stipend
This internship position will work on a 5-person field crew alongside our VCC crew members under the supervision of the Thurston Conservation District (TCD) Habitat Restoration Crew Lead. The crew will work on meaningful habitat restoration projects in rural areas within Thurston County to serve their community by improving water quality, enhancing wildlife habitat, and preventing the spread of invasive weeds. The crew will work on public and private properties such as farms and conservation lands, to achieve individual, local and regional resource conservation and restoration goals in Thurston County. Fieldwork activities will include planting native trees and shrubs along rivers and streams, controlling or removing invasive vegetation, implementing erosion control techniques, and participating in salmon recovery projects.
- Work week is Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Pay is in the form of a $2,400 monthly stipend to assist with living expenses
- Opportunity is now – April 2024 (with the opportunity to extend)
- Interns accrue one paid day off per month
- All safety equipment (gloves, hard hats, eye protection, ear protection, rain gear etc.) is provided
Please submit your application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include Habitat Field Crew Intern – YOUR NAME in the subject line. Please include the following in your application:
1. Resume, including relevant work experiences and course experience
2. Cover letter
3. Two (2) professional/educational references (Letters of recommendation may be included)
Applicants will be interviewed as applications are received.
Questions? Contact Kiana Sinner, email@example.com