Job Type: Paid Internship
Salary Details: $17.00 / hr
Deadline: May 31, 2023
Term: Start in early July 2023 for a 12-month assignment. Financial Assistance: This is a paid internship. The pay rate is $17.00 per hour. Work Conditions: Primarily based in an office setting. Majority of the work will be performing GIS computer tasks. Opportunities for travel and fieldwork: 2-3 weeks maximum spread out over the course of the year. Remote Work: Remote work is not available for this position. GIS Interns are required to work full-time at our regional office in Dexter, MI. For any questions on this role, please contact email@example.com
Ducks Unlimited – Great Lakes/Atlantic Region has an opening for one full-time, paid GIS intern. The successful candidates will have GIS experience with ESRI products and a background in natural resources, wetlands, and wildlife. They will collaborate with a team of GIS professionals to update the US FWS National Wetlands Inventory as needed. The position will report to Mathew Halliday, GIS Analyst.
- GIS data development for the National Wetlands Inventory within the Great Lakes, Gulf Coast, and U.S. territories in the Caribbean.
- Assist with a variety of projects as needed, including data collection and management, cartography, geospatial analysis, and geospatial web applications.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS and remote sensing concepts and methodologies.
- Background in Natural Resources, Conservation, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree — preferred
- Proficient with ESRI products (ArcMap or ArcPro) and ArcOnline.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Computer troubleshooting skills – preferred
- Cartographic design – preferred
- Visual interpretation of digital orthophotography
- Ability to systematically learn and implement GIS workflows in a data production environment from class-based training modules and written documentation.
- Wetland classification and identification skills –preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking skills — preferred
- Self-motivated, conscientious individual who can work independently.
- Show a willingness to learn and ask questions.
- Collaborate effectively with Ducks Unlimited staff, including biologists, engineers, fundraising, and other GIS staff.
- Willingness to support others as a resource in a team setting.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter following the instructions at the following link: Ducks Unlimited – GIS Intern – Dexter, MI APPLY NOW