Job Type: Paid Internship
Salary Details: $21-$22 per hour
Deadline: Mar 31, 2023
Qualified Wildlife Interns help manage the Company’s forest lands in the Sierra Nevada. Primary species being surveyed will be the California Spotted Owl and Northern Goshawk. This position provides an excellent opportunity to observe spotted owls from many known sites. Last season, our crew documented over 300 California Spotted Owls.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support on-going monitoring of sensitive species
- Forestry and wildlife-related project work requiring demanding physical activity, night-time hours, and off-road driving
- Data entry
- Camping for up to four nights in one week
- Degree in wildlife biology, forestry, or biological science preferred
- One season experience calling for raptors preferred
- Knowledge of native wildlife species of California forests
- Ability to safely hike and navigate alone in remote, steep mountainous regions using map, compass, and GPS
- Possess valid driver license and have ability to drive hazardous mountain roads
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Apply online at: spi-ind.com/internships
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume when submitting application.
Interviews will be ongoing as applications are received.
Positions may be filled prior to deadline.
Employment Period: SPRING – FALL 2023 (flexible start & end dates)