For more information, please follow this link: https://pacificeducationinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/19-0103-Internship-Environmental-Education.pdf
The Pacific Education Institute (PEI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides professional development
to teachers in locally relevant, career connected, outdoor STEM education. The intern is assigned a
variety of projects to aid in the delivery and development of our statewide programs which reached
over 24,000 students last year. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to gain
experience in nonprofit and environmental education program development and implementation.
• Review, analyze and identify existing educational resources
• Maintain and organize data in various programs including Salesforce, Sharepoint and
• Support and develop internal program-related projects
• Organize and archive materials into the organization’s resource library
• Conduct workshop and organizational outreach support as needed
• Knowledge of the natural resources sectors including agriculture, forestry and energy.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, Eventbrite, Canva
• Maintains a positive, punctual and professional demeanor while being able to work flexibly in
an inclusive team environment.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and follow through on plans and projects with a
commitment to quality in work outcomes. Solution-focused problem solving and critical
thinking skills are highly desired.
• Effective writing and communication skills .
Students interested in this opportunity should submit a letter of interest, resume or CV, 3 references
with at least one faculty member, and a PEI job application to Gail Kramer, Director of Finance and
HR, by email at email@example.com.