Job Type: Paid Internship
Salary Details: $1100 each Quarter
Deadline: Apr 30, 2023
Looking for an energetic and reliable student to help with curriculum planning, design, implementation, and assessment. Friends of North Creek Forest is a non-profit organization committed to maintaining and improving the ecological function of North Creek Forest through stewardship, education and conservation in perpetuity. Our education program has ambitious goals which include providing environmental education programming that enhances nature relationships and provides classroom to field curriculum in support of NGSS standards. The environmental education program works with a variety of school and community partners and we anticipate building many new relationships as we grow.
Intern will work with the Education Manager to design a detailed project outline and schedule for each quarter, as well as a plan for teaching and research opportunities. In addition interns will assist in a variety of duties including curriculum design, stewardship, and preparation (reading and logistics) for committee meetings.
- a minimum of 60 Hours a quarter-Approximately 6 – 12 hours per week/per quarter. This will vary depending on intern’s own availability and the varied weekly workload.
- Attend education committee meetings and complete required readings.
- Assist in designing educational activities with community service and ecological themes.
- Produce end of quarter deliverables including lesson plans, and/ or teaching tools.
- Assist in field instruction with eventual plans to lead a field activity.
Students will be able to:
- Understand basic lowland forest ecological restoration practices.
- Understand the role of community service/service learning in that work.
- Practice respectful community outreach skills.
- Think critically about equity in environmental education.
- Design for diverse ways of knowing and understanding science and the natural world.
- Interest in community outreach, environmental issues, and ecological restoration.
- Comfortable working within a variety of tech platforms especially Google Drive.
- Working on undergraduate or graduate degree in education, environmental sciences, ecology/biology, or related field.
- Upon a successful completion a $1100 Stipend at the end of the Quarter-Experience working in the field with a professional learning community made up of seasoned classroom and outdoor educators.
- Internship expectations are built to support up to 3 credits per quarter college internship and can be adjusted according to college credit requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please fill out our application: Here
The application is a series of questions about you and your experience, and at the end asks for your resume.