For more information, please follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tacoma/jobs/3522719-0/cowlitz-fisheries-intern
- Assist with trap operations, stream surveys, research projects, and investigations
- Prepare and present oral and/or written reports
- Consult or interact with other city employees and stakeholders in relation to work assignments
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare for special events and functions
- Collection, entry, documentation, organization and quality assurance of data sets associated with adult and juvenile fish handling, identification, marking and transport
- Collection, entry, documentation, organization and quality assurance of spawning ground surveys; fish passage; and other monitoring and evaluation activities
The expected duration of the internship is 5 months with 40 hours of work per week.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
Enrolled in vocational school, community college, four-year college or university, graduate student or a recent graduate who has completed a degree from an accredited college/university within the last year.
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
This recruitment is being managed by Alissa McLain, if you would like to be notified of similar opportunities or stay connected with things going on at Tacoma Public Utilities and the City of Tacoma, connect with me on LinkedIn!