Job Type: Paid Internship
Location: 412 North Commercial Street, Bellingham WA
Compensation: $350 stipend for ~100 hours (~10 weeks)
Timeframe: Mid-September through mid-December
Hours: Flexible and dependent on availability, 8-12 hours per week. Must be available most Saturdays.
Application Deadline: Please email an interest statement and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2023
Whatcom Land Trust seeks a Community Engagement intern to assist with engagement events, recruiting volunteers and database management. The intern will gain a general understanding of nonprofit land trust work, ecological processes and restoration methods, management of volunteers, and database management skills. You will also receive opportunities to network with other professionals in the fields of education, outreach, and restoration.
Whatcom Land Trust is a non-profit organization and is an accredited land trust. The mission of the Whatcom Land Trust is to preserve and protect wildlife habitat, scenic, agricultural and open space lands in Whatcom County for future generations by securing interests in land and promoting land stewardship.
The intern will assist the Volunteer Coordinator with community engagement events, recruiting volunteers and database management. This includes planning and assisting with volunteer projects, assisting with volunteer management and data entry. The intern will work with the Volunteer Coordinator to put on Stewardship events such as Saturday Work Parties, Field Fridays, and other community engagement events as needed. This internship may also involve assisting other stewardship staff and interns in land management and habitat restoration needs. No personal vehicle is necessary, however a Driver’s License is required.
- Assist in all aspects of community engagement events; including set-up/clean-up, and engaging and leading volunteers during events
- Assist with volunteer recruitment; including dispersing flyers, and posting on websites
- Volunteer database management; including data entry, database organization, filing, scanning and organizing paperwork
- Assist with facility needs; including landscaping, and tool maintenance
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid Washington State driver’s license
- Willingness to work in an outdoor setting regardless of weather, in addition to some office work
- Available most Saturdays for Work Parties
- Professional, motivated, self-starter
- Ability to work with indirect supervision in a busy environment
- Comfortable using a computer
- Excellent “people skills”, friendly and outgoing
- Proficient organization skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please email an interest statement and resume to
email@example.com by September 15, 2023