I’m thinking about ways to pull narrative and commentary from memories like how I see it done by Didion in The White Album.

How can I write an original story and script if not for others memories and experiences?

The self-aware narrative and the self-generating story. If as artists we work with life through narrative then truth in fiction film can’t be singularly based but rather must be diluted and transformed memories. I’m drawing from my youth, memories, others experiences, and the way I remember things (especially as time goes on our stories in our head change.) Is nothing original? Where do ideas originate?

Originality isn’t uniqueness or new in box, its an act of displacing origin, that is to say moving ideas from origin to new spaces that act as origin. The travelling of ideas is history (personal or otherwise).

What I’m writing for my project is benefiting from plot potholes. A pothole is an opportunity to fill it in. Didion’s “White Album” reads like a blend of her experiences with others and how she remembers it. She’s in a psych ward in LA thinking about how she was thinking about her outside world experience. Her plot blacks out like dreaming and going in and out of consciousness. A shattered narrative mythopoesized by the personal and external act of remembering and regurgitating.