- Conferences: Tue. June 13 and Wed. Jun. 14, in the Cave.
- You can find a sign-up sheet for final program conferences here.
- Note that you will need to be logged in to this site to access the sign-up sheet. If not logged-in, you can do so via this link.
- Some reminders:
- Sat. June 10, 9am: Quixam! Revisions due to box in Physics Cave.
- Sat. June 10, noon: Final ALP papers due by email.
- Mon. June 12, noon: Non-graduating-student Self-Evaluations posted and shared with faculty via your my.evergreen.edu by noon. (Graduating students in ALP should also submit Self-Evaluations)
- Mon. June 12, noon: Final drafts of senior Academic Statements submitted to faculty, either by email or Google docs, by noon. We’ll go over senior Academic Statements in Conferences so that changes can be made in time for the Fri. June 16 due date.
- Non-graduating-student Self-Evaluations are due Mon. June 12 by noon via posting and sharing with faculty at your my.evergreen.edu. (Graduating students in ALP should also submit Self-Evaluations)
- Your Self-Evaluations should address achievements in content learning and process skills, as well as areas for improvement, tied to your Individual Learning Goals, Program Learning Goals, and the Expectations of an Evergreen Graduate.
- Program Learning Goals and Expectations for an Evergreen Graduate can be found here.
- Quixam! 5E will be administered Tue. June 6 from 9am – 11am in the Cave. Students may opt to take it as a take-home version instead.
- If you opt for the take-home version, you must email Krishna before downloading the exam.
- In opting for the take-home version, you certify that that the only materials used to complete this exam (besides paper and writing implement) were your personally prepared 3 inch x 5 inch notecards for this and earlier quixams and your calculator or equivalent (except where specifically prohibited). You certify that you did not use any other resources (including but not limited to internet or on-line resources). You certify that you used no more than two hours to work on this quixam. You also certify that you did not discuss the questions on this exam with any other person in any way, with the possible exception of your program faculty.
- Your email to me opting for the take-home version (see 2. above) should acknowledge your certification of the above.
- After emailing me that your are opting for the take-home option and acknowledging your certification of the items in 3. above, you can download the exam here (link became active at 9am Tue. June 6).
We’ll have Quixam! 5E as scheduled from 9am – 11am in the Cave. Anyone may opt to take it as a take-home exam instead; it will become available at the program website starting at 9am. If you do plan to take it at home, I need no reason but do ask you to let me know by email so that I can know your plan.
A reminder that I will be available on Tuesday from noon – 3:30 for consultation on anything: ALP final presentations or papers, Academic Statement drafts, just to talk, etc.
A reminder that all PSAM students are expected to attend ALP Final Presentations on Wednesday from 9 – 1. I haven’t heard from anyone about legitimate scheduling conflicts (this should be expanded to include not feeling safe to come to campus), so please let me know right away if you won’t be attending all or part of the ALP Final Presentations.
We will need to use our alternate plan for Quixam! 4Q & 5Q, since campus is again closed on Monday June 5. Instead of taking the quixam together from 9 – noon in the Cave, it will instead be administered as a take-home version.
At 9am Mon. June 5, the Quixam! will become available at the program web-site for you to download. You have up to three hours to work on the exam. If possible, I strongly encourage you to work on it from 9 – noon so at to closely replicate the original exam parameters. As much as possible in all the important ways, this should be treated as if it were the in-class exam session. I will do my best to provide clarity if you email me questions, but I can’t promise what the turn-around time for the responses will be.
Below is the text of what you will be asked to certify about the quixam:
“By signing below, I certify that the only materials I used to complete this exam (besides paper and writing implement) were my personally prepared 3 inch x 5 inch notecards for this and earlier quixams and my calculator or equivalent (except where specifically prohibited). I certify that I did not use any other resources (including but not limited to internet or on-line resources). I certify that I used no more than three hours to work on this quixam. I also certify that I did not discuss the questions on this exam with any other person in any way, with the possible exception of my program faculty.”
You will submit your Quixam at the very beginning of the very next class meeting we have together.
Here’s the planned schedule for our final week of class meetings. We’ll play by ear as necessary, so please continue to be flexible.
Please note that all class meetings this week are in the Physics Cave.Reminder: ALL PSAM students are expected to attend Wednesday’s ALP Final Presentations, from 9 – 1. I expect that if you have some legitimate scheduling conflict, you will contact me right away.
Week 30 and Conference Week Schedule:
- Mon. June 5 (Cave)
- 9 – 12: Qu¡xam 4Q and 5Q! (covers Ch. 10, Ch. 11). QM PSN check
- Tue. June 6 (Cave)
- 9 – 11: Qu¡xam 5E! (covers Ch. 12). EM PSN check.
- 12 – 3:30 Open Time to help with ALP final presentations, review ALP papers, consult on Senior Academic Statements, etc.
- Wed. June 7 (Cave)
- 9 – 1: ALP Final Presentations (all PSAM students expected to attend)
- Thu. June 8 (Cave)
- 9 – ?: Breakfast Potluck, Qu¡xam Revision Session, Final Program Wrap and Look Forward, Special Surprise!
- Sat. June 10:
- Qu¡xam! revisions due by 9am to labeled box in Physics Cave.
- ALP final papers due by noon via email.
- Mon. June 12:
- Non-graduating-student Self-Evaluations posted and shared with faculty via your my.evergreen.edu by noon.
- Final drafts of senior Academic Statements submitted to faculty, either by email or Google docs, by noon.
- Tue. June 13 and Wed. June 14: Final Conferences.
- Fri. June 16: GRADUATION!
Please note that any class meetings in week 30 will be in the Cave. I’ve released our CAL reservations this week so other programs can use them. So, all our class meetings this final week of the program will be in the Physics Cave.
- PS#18/#15 Solutions Assignments can be accessed here.
- Note that you will need to be logged in to our program web-site to access the page linked above. If not logged-in, you can do so via this link.
- People assigned to the same problem are welcome to work together and submit one solution, or work separately and submit two.
Many MC questions on quizzes, quixams, and exams this year have come from released GRE Physics subject tests.
- For EM PS#18 and QM PS#15, you have been assigned one of the 5 released exams (see below).
- Look through your assigned exam, and identify questions that are relevant to Griffiths Chapter 12 and Townsend Chapter 10 and Chapter 11. Use your best judgment.
- Enter into this spreadsheet. Note the different tabs for each of EM Ch. 12, QM Ch. 10, QM Ch. 11.
- Do your best to figure out the correct answer. If you can’t figure out the correct answer but can narrow it down to fewer choices, indicate that as well.
- Feel free to contribute for exams you are not assigned.
|GR8677||Blake, Kian, Pyxie, Vivian|
|GR9277||Emily, Ky, Sam, Zane|
|GR9677||Erica, Leah, Sheena|
|GR0177||Jacob, Maddie, Slade|
|GR0877||Jeff, Peyton, Tim|