by Anna (Staff) Rhoads October 17, 2018

MPA hired three student ambassadors for the 2018 – 2019 academic year. Student ambassadors share their experiences in the MPA program with prospective students. 

The Ambassadors 

Domenica Clark – 1st year student, Public & Nonprofit Administration concentration 

My name is Domenica Clark and I am proud to serve as an ambassador for the Master of Public ​Administration program. I grew up in several different parts of the U.S. I have lived near Chicago, in South Florida, and for the last twenty years I have lived in the Puget Sound area. Immediately after high school, I went to Evergreen to study creative writing and literature. During my undergraduate degree, I began volunteering at the Olympia Film Society and KAOS Community Radio, and quickly discovered I had a passion for supporting non-profits, especially when it came to administration and leadership.

After I completed my undergraduate degree I moved to Seattle, where I further developed my administrative skills in supporting non-profit organizations such as Hollow Earth Radio, where I served on the board of directors, and as volunteer coordinator. I was also involved with the Grand Illusion Cinema and The Vera Project as a volunteer.

I became involved with Seattle non-profit Ventures, which helps low-income individuals start their own small businesses – first as a client, and later as an employee of their retail store. While there, I also helped oversee the volunteer and intern program. It was around this time I became more interested in local political issues like the fight for a $15 minimum wage and housing affordability in Seattle area. I also started to take interest in environmental issues and worked for a while for a waste management company where I helped educate the public on their waste diversion program.

I decided to apply to the MPA program because I love the public sector and civic engagement and am dedicated to helping organizations that I care deeply for flourish. I wanted to combine the experience I gained during my years of volunteering with my burgeoning interest in public policy and work towards a career in the public sector. While not in the MPA program, I am a DJ, dedicated cinephile and bookworm.

Yen Huynh – 2nd year student, Public Policy concentration

Yen brings her enthusiasm for advocacy, range of service experiences, and a strong determination 

to change the political status quo to the MPA program. Attracted to the interdisciplinary format, she also 

earned her undergraduate degree at Evergreen. During this time she honed her job juggling skills, worked as an 

Education Advocate for former and current incarcerated youth in the Southwest region of the state, and served as an Academic Coach to at-risk youth for GED obtainment and college access. Her multicultural upbringing has resulted in a deep passion for equity, diversity, and inclusion work. Outside of MPA, she works with the Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises, assisting with their supplier diversity efforts and is a Result’s Real Change Organizing and Advocacy fellow, engaging with congressional representatives to fight anti-poverty legislation both locally and in their DC offices. In her down time, Yen enjoys cooking, crafting, and exploring different neighborhoods.