RECAST | Visit Pandemic Academy
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Koppelman, Nancy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Apr 9, 2020, 2:17 PM -0700
Thanks to the hard work of a team of faculty and staff, we are pleased to offer the Pandemic Academy Lecture Series to all students, staff, and faculty. Several programs are including these lectures in their syllabi, and I am teaching a two-credit course based on the lecture series. We encourage you to create Zoom discussions with colleagues about what we’ll all learn from these lectures.
The series is on a WordPress site. The lectures will take up topics such as food insecurity during the pandemic, the medical implications of the virus, the social epidemiology of the pandemic, traditions of mutual cooperation and how they can inform our response, how the pandemic intersects with the most vulnerable people in our society, and ethical dimensions of the pandemic. You can access the site as explained below in detail, just in case you’re not familiar with WordPress. Here are instructions specific to the first lecture, a fine treatment of resilience in crises by faculty member Zoltan Grossman. The presentation is a powerpoint with narration. Other recordings may have a different format but will still be available there.
- Go to the WordPress site: https://sites.evergreen.edu/pandemic/
- Scroll down and click on “Week 2” on the left” Then you’re on the page for this week’s lecture.
- Below the description, there are links to two lectures of about 30 minutes each.
- Click on the first one and allow it to download.
- Then look at the top right of the screen and you’ll see a box that reads “Download.”
- Click on that and choose “direct download.” The presentation will download as a PowerPoint presentation onto your computer.
- In the middle of the top menu, click “slide show.”
- On the top left, click “Play from start.”
- Then watch it, with sound on, as a slide show. The slides will automatically advance along with the narrative.
- Do the same operations with the other links.
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to get this organized over spring break, and who is participating in the sessions.
Nancy Koppelman, on behalf of the Pandemic Academy organizers: Kristina Ackley, Stephen Beck, Krishna Chowdary, Hirsh Diamant, Karen Gaul, Zoltan Grossman, Prita Lal, Miranda Mellis, Alice Nelson, Toska Olson, Carolyn Prouty, Martha Rosemeyer, Ellen Shortt-Sanchez, Trevor Speller, Eirik Steinhoff, Wen Wang, and Sarah Williams