Recast | Notes of Appreciation/Winter 2021
From: Employee Recognition and Appreciation <EmployeeAppreciation@evergreen.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 5:46 PM
With all the continued challenges we are facing due to COVID-19, both individually and collectively, many of us are working harder to ensure we provide quality services to our students. The resiliency and adaptation demonstrated by our staff and faculty every day, continues to be inspiring. Showing our appreciation for one another, even from a distance, is a great way to remain supportive and connected. Writing notes of appreciation is just one way to express our gratitude for the work that we all do and a simple way to give back to the Evergreen community.
The Employee Recognition and Appreciation workgroup has made notes of appreciation a regular activity in fall, winter, and spring. In the fall there were 308 letters of appreciation submitted. Let’s see if we can increase that number this quarter! This is a great opportunity to come together to acknowledge the work of our colleagues and to encourage a culture of gratitude in the workplace. Especially now, gratitude such as this is appreciated more than ever.
These simple notes thanking colleagues for the good work we do only take a moment to write and make such an impact. Please take a quick minute or two to write a note of appreciation via the Employee Appreciation Notes Submission Form. Your words will be transferred to a certificate that will then be delivered to the recipient. Your notes may also be shared at the Employee Recognition and Years of Service event.
In addition to making your colleagues’ day, each quarter there will also be a random drawing for those who participate. Three authors and the recipients of their notes will have the opportunity to win a prize. Prize for this quarter is your choice of an Evergreen branded item from the Greener Store (up to a $25 value). So take a quick minute to think about those of your colleagues that you would like to acknowledge, and complete the Employee Appreciation Notes Submission Form. It is an opportunity to recognize the big and small efforts we make every day to help our students and each other succeed. The deadline for this quarter’s drawing is Friday, February 12, 2021.
For more information, please contact EmployeeAppreciation@evergreen.edu.
Thank you for your dedicated service to our students!
The Employee Appreciation and Recognition Workgroup
– Correan Barker, Associate Director of Events, Alumni and Donor Relations
– Amy Betz, Academic Systems and Deans Area Manager
– Sophie Bustetter, Administrative Assistant to the President
– Susan Harris, Executive Associate to the President and Secretary to the Board of Trustees
– Tina Kuckkahn-Miller, Vice President for Indigenous Arts and Education
– Casey Lalonde, Director of the Childcare Center
– Jennifer Levesque, Senior Human Resource Representative
– Kayla Mahnke, Director of Student Activities
– Jeannette Smith, Director of Student Activities and College Activities Building
– Elizabeth Williamson, Curriculum and Hiring Dean