Welcome to the Introductory Chemistry Course (Summer 2015, First Session)!
I hope you are excited about learning Introductory Chemistry this summer. This course will prepare you for future studies in general chemistry, environmental studies, Masters in Teaching, and fulfill breath requirements for a liberal arts education. You can prepare well for this course by reviewing high school algebra.
Textbook (required for all class meetings)
TITLE: Introductory Chemistry: A Foundation, 8th edition, Authors: Zumdahl, Steven S. and DeCoste Donald J. (2015), ISBN: 1285-19903-0, ISBN 13: 978-1285-19903-0, Publisher: Cengage Learning.
- Title: The Disappearing Spoon: And other true tales of madness, love, and the history of the world from the periodic table, Author: Sam Kean
Please bring a scientific calculator to each class meeting
- Tuesdays 9 AM to 11 AM (lecture) – Lab I, 3033
- Tuesdays 11 AM to 12 noon (workshop) – Lab I, 3033
- Tuesdays 2 PM to 3 PM (lecture) – Lab I, 3033
- Wednesdays 9 AM to 10 AM (Quiz) – Lab 1, 3033
- Wednesdays 11 AM to 12 noon (lecture) – Lab 1, 3033
- Wednesdays 2 PM to 3 PM (Chemistry of the Elements and chemistry around us) – Lab 1, 3033
Lab I, Room 2006
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
Fax: (360) 867 5430
Email: Dharshi Bopegedera